Feeling really upset

sunshine82

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just need to rant really (I'm so sorry!)
Met up with friends for Xmas meal tonight and I overheard at the other side of the table the bf/ff debate they then say I'm not meaning this against you (meaning me)

My friends are ff mummies and that's absolutely fine by me, it's everyone's own choice and I know it's not possible for everyone.

But I just had to sit there and listen how bf isn't any better, they don't buy into the antibodies and immunity protecting for bf babies and basically how bf is not any better. I'm probably being over sensitive but I'm proud that I've managed to bf for almost four months it was a really tough start and it wasn't easy but i persevered through the pain and other than some mixed feeding right at the start I've EBF my ds.

I feel happy bf my boy and give him the best start as I believe bf to be. (I don't enforce my belief on them each to their own)

I would never sit there and say to them/in front of them debating about their ff decision.

I just felt really outnumbered and upset at the table.

Thanks for letting me rant ladies.

I've come home now and it's just really got to me.

Anyone else have similar experiences? X

I haven't had any experience like that (probably because most of my friends also breastfed), but ignore them! Just feel quietly content knowing you have done the best for your baby. The antibodies/immunity providing benefits aren't debatable, they're a proven fact.

I've nothing against formula feeding but it does make me wonder if they were trying to justify their decision to formula feed.

As above, I've nothing against formula, but I think an argument suggesting breastfeeding isn't best in terms of side by side nutritional value, so antibodies and general nutritional content, is an argument that isn't going to get very far. Science is very unlikely to come up with anything that is going to trump what nature can provide.

If they don't believe that BF is better then formula then they don't believe In facts. They are ignorant illogical people (when talking about bf vs formula). No need to get upset over what they think if that is the case. They are only trying to make themselves feel better about their ignorance. (and no I am not saying only ignorant ppl formula feed, formula can be the right choice for people)

I agree....while there is nothing wrong with the choice to formula feed, it certainly sounds like your friends are really trying to justify their decision to themselves by saying there is no difference.

I'm with you, I believe nature to be better than synthetic for my baby. If it were me, I would just smile at them and say "To each his own". You can feel GREAT about your decision and don't need to try to justify anything. :thumbup: Great job with the BF'ing! I know it can be rocky at first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->