Feeling so emotional for my 4yr old

LaughOutLoud

Reaction score
DD had her 'Graduation day' at nursery today. They did a play and at the end all the children sang the theme song from 'Frozen'. This made me bawl my eyes out and I was so worried DD was going to get upset watching me crying in the front row. They then had their little cloak and hat and received their 'scroll'. It was so cute but now im bricking it because of all the changes we are about to face.

So she will finish nursery next week for the school holidays and then will start full time at a school with new people. No one from her nursery will be joining her and Im worried about what the children will be like at her next school. I just want her to make good friends and Im really doubting whether my choice of school has been correct.

Im due baby no.2 on 22nd July so not long now. Im worried how DD will settle at home after next week with me not being able to do anything these days and still trying to organise the house. I havent even packed my hospital bags but find can only do little at a time.

Im feeling guilty about how ive been with her I guess and about all the big changes she is going to face all of a sudden. Last week she was home for 3 days as was poorly and all I could do was switch the telly on. I dont have energy for anything and I am super stressed about how much I still have left to do before the baby.

I do want her home with me so she gets a holiday before full time school but im also worried of how she will cope and my energy levels.

We have to go visit her school teacher next Monday so hoping it goes positive, otherwise im seriously thinking of appealing change of schools.

Urgh, so many emotions!!!:wacko:

First big hugs :hugs:

All your worries are normal hun- as parents, it's our job to worry. But, it's also part of life that our children grow and experience new things. Nothing we can do about it- short of putting them in a bubble ;) I kid of course... but just today, hearing that my LO is ready to move up to the early pre-school (per both her 2yr and the 3yr teacher), that alone almost made me tear up! :haha: Cause she's growing too fast- and it's new and emotional for sure. BUT- I also know she'll do great- and trust the teachers to know when she's ready.

Just remind yourself that people deal with these changes every day. And every day they get sorted out and everyone is fine. Even though yes, there will be some adjustments- you are going to add to your family, and that will bring such amazing and wonderful moments. And your LO will make new friends. There's always going to be nice kids and not so nice kids at any school our kids attend. But our kids will find their nitch and because we raise them to be good kids, they will make friends with other good kids.

:hugs:

Take a deep breath and don't make any hasty decisions about her school before she even starts. Lots of kids don't go start school with any children they know and they make new friends just fine. My son will only have one other kid at school from his nursery and it's not one he gets on really either. He also isn't getting a break at all - he will carry on doing 3 days a week till the day before he starts school in September cos I'm at work.

She sounds like she has a lovely mummy who is worrying about her and all the changes ahead. Unless the school visits go badly I would wait and see how she goes at her school. And try really hard to not let her see how worried you are.

:hugs: I understand exactly how you are feeling.

I cried taking Daisy for her reception visit last week. They whisked them all off from the school hall without really giving us a chance to say bye and I just felt so worried for her and my eyes filled with tears and I cried all the way to work. And my job is a reception teacher so I should know better and know she would be fine but it was just so emotional. Nobody is going from her nursery either and she loves her key worker at nursery so much and she understands Daisy's emotional hot headed behaviour and I am so scared her new teacher won't have any patience with her.

It is so hard isn't it!

It is so hard. Earl is ready for school - he has been for about a year in reality, but with the 2 babies I'm so glad we got this year to basically chill and bond, but now reality has to hit. I've already half-decided that I'm staying home for the next 2 years minimum as I want to give my 2 younger ones the same experiences and opportunities as Earl got having me home the last 2 years. I want to be there to pick him up and drop him off, and to help him enjoy school as much as I can. He WANTS to be there though which makes it easier, and I know that learning to read, write etc will be the making of him. I'm excited for him, but a little sad to be losing my litle friend. :cry:

Awwww, thanks for your replies girls. I appreciate knowing that we are all going through similar changes. I hope baby no.2 stays put that little bit longer so I can take DD for her nursery preview on Monday and sort myself out so I can spend little bit of time with DD before the baby.

I have also decided to continue her at nursery for 3 mornings so that way she gets the social interaction and fun that they need at this age now. I think if I kept her at home whilst im so useless, it would have been selfish on my part, so feel a bit better.

Im so grateful that she is an October baby because we only moved into our own place after she turned 3yrs and if she had to start school a year earlier I would have really felt that she didnt get to play. (Theres a bit of history there, which some of you may recall). Im so grateful that she got that extra year with me at home and she learnt to grow out of her shell, got her own space and independence. Im so proud of her.

Phoebe is ready for school - I'm not! She went yesterday for an hour and loved every single minute of it. I couldn't take her as I had to work so OH did it. I grilled him on everything when I got home but he was useless. Apparently he told her to go and play and sat in the corner reading the pack of information. She was fine! I would have held her hand all the time - good job it was the OH.

We had nursery 5 mornings a week with a newborn and boy was I glad of those 3 1/2 hours everyday at the beginning. Also the school run forces you into some sort of routine fairly early on and we've always made it work - I am sure you will.

I'm a bit like Aimee-Lou and feel like my best buddy is leaving me. But I've just gone back to work (I'm a teacher) and I won't have the same year off with DD2 at nursery and that makes me sad. Phoebe will be fine, mummy has to be brave.

It will work out x

Phoebe is ready for school - I'm not! She went yesterday for an hour and loved every single minute of it. I couldn't take her as I had to work so OH did it. I grilled him on everything when I got home but he was useless. Apparently he told her to go and play and sat in the corner reading the pack of information. She was fine! I would have held her hand all the time - good job it was the OH.

We had nursery 5 mornings a week with a newborn and boy was I glad of those 3 1/2 hours everyday at the beginning. Also the school run forces you into some sort of routine fairly early on and we've always made it work - I am sure you will.

I'm a bit like Aimee-Lou and feel like my best buddy is leaving me. But I've just gone back to work (I'm a teacher) and I won't have the same year off with DD2 at nursery and that makes me sad. Phoebe will be fine, mummy has to be brave.

It will work out x

Thank you for your reply. I completely get the feeling of your best buddy leaving you. Ive always said DD is my best friend and she has always been next to me. Im not showing her my emotions and the timing of everything is not how I would have planned things, but then again that is life.

Sorry to hear that you wont be having the year off with DD2. That must be tough and I hope you all settle down into your routines fairly too.

Def losing my best buddy here too :cry:

He's at nursery all day tues-Thurs when I'm at work but Mon and Fri are our special days and we do the library, have coffee and cake, see friends etc. I'm really going to miss having my little dude on those days.

But I know he'll have a great time once he settles in and his teachers and school is lovely. I'll just be crying when he's not looking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->