feeling the baby move

acv_17

TTC @ 22
Reaction score
I'm currently TTC,...but I've had weird periods for the past 5 months or so. Like, really light, not even close to filling one pad per day(sorry TMI). Usually they're short, about 2 - 4 days, but the last one lasted for almost 2 weeks. Every pregnancy test I've taken had been negative. Well lately I've been feeling movements, It feels like someone is touching me on my stomach...not really from the outside but like halfway through the skin, if that makes sense. Just a few minutes ago it was under my ribs, on the right side, and it moves to the left. I researched that movements could also be something like gas or digestion. Could it be that I am pregnant and I'm just not producing enough HCG in my system to show on a urine test?

I have gone to the doctor last week, and she wanted to put me on BC for a few months to regulate things, I said no, and she sent me to have blood work done to check if everythings ok. I assume(hope) a blood pregnancy test was done too. I'm going to call again, after it has been 2 weeks(too short?) to see how the blood work went. It doesn't really seem like they're concerned at all...

I haven't really been feeling any other symptoms...my boobs just feel really heavy(but that could be just because they're so big and it has gotten pretty uncomfortable sleeping on my stomach, which I hate. I'm only truly comfortable on my stomach.

I'll so feel like an idiot if it's nothing or it's all in my head.:cry:

Thanks!

I think the best thing you can do if you are getting negative tests, then follow up your bloods and if they have not tested for a pregnancy, then get back to your Doctor and explain what you are feeling and insist on a HCG blood test!

Good Luck hun! x

Unfortunatly it's unlikely what you're feeling moving is a baby. Most people don't feel that kind of movement till they're close to or sometimes over half way through their pregnancy and for your baby to be moving close to your ribs you'd need to be over half way through so I'd think it's probably digestion or gas. If you were that far through even if you'd still been having AF's during your pregnancy (which can happen) you'd most definatly still have enough HCG to have a positive test.

That doesn't mean you're not pregnant though. It's hard to judge when would be a good time to test if you don't have a regular cycle so talking to the doctor is best & see what they say from the blood test. Would I be right in thinking you're only 17? It's not uncommon for people around 17 to still have an irregular cycle even if they've been regular before, so it would maybe be best to wait till it's settled down before TTC because your body may not be physically ready. Everyone is different and theres no rush if it's best for yours and your future babies health.

Good luck. :hugs:

Actually I'm 21...I made that sign on(for other accounts on other websites:p) when I was 17 and since it's so easy to remember I still use it. :dohh:
I'm now going to see about changing it.
Anyway, I'm sure it is just digestion or gas, but I just want to know for my own piece of mind, and the possible baby's health.

The blood test will show if you are pregnant, but I heard someone say your HGC levels go very high even in very early pregnancies. I'm only around 7-8 weeks, I'm not sure yet and I took a test at around 5 weeks well just over, and the positives where very very dark as I've seen some people with very faint positives.

I hope you don't think I'm being negative, but try not to get your hopes up too much because if you are pregnant it's a blessing but if your not it was a very low chance anyway. But I do hope you are pregnant.

Actually I'm 21...I made that sign on(for other accounts on other websites:p) when I was 17 and since it's so easy to remember I still use it. :dohh:
I'm now going to see about changing it.
Anyway, I'm sure it is just digestion or gas, but I just want to know for my own piece of mind, and the possible baby's health.

Oh right, sorry. :blush:

I hope I fixed the age issue(see my sig)...:p Thanks for everyone's advice!

I'm thinking it's probably something with indigestion, since most people don't feel movements until around 16-20 weeks of being pregnant, but the blood tests will show for sure if you are or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->