feeling torn

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
My dd is now 2 weeks old tomorrow. Bf has been a challenge since day one with bad latch and possible posterior tongue tie which they keep changing their mind on. Whilst my nipples have toughened up, bf is still painful with cracked nipples despite lansinoh and now I have raynauds. My left breast is nearly always painful after a feed for ages so I don't know why that is as I can't feel or see any lumps so I am going to see my gp in case its thrush.

Bad latch means feeds take ages but I've improved it enough so they aren't quite as long. By the end of the evening I am either swearing or crying in pain and use formula to top her up and get to sleep. She only takes 1-2oz max.

Throw into that my 19m old ds who tantrums every time I feed dd to the extent he will stop eating his dinner or he will head butt glass doors etc I have no idea what to do anymore!!!! Dd always seems to want to feed when I should be cooking ds dinner or when we are eating together so either my ds has to wait for food or he won't eat it if I am feeding her.

If feeds were 5-10mins max perhaps it wouldn't seem so bad but they are usually 30-45mins and once dh goes back to work how can I expect ds to wait that long? I cant bring myself to bf in public so how will we even get to the park? Then I can't let ds run wild for a whole feed as he is still a baby himself really.

I've tried the usual read books, watch tv etc but it doesn't hold his attention and I worry he will hurt himself smashing his head against a wall. He is so gentle with dd but has now started pinch, bite, slap me in frustration over things.

I am considering ff in the day but as I couldn't bf my son this is my only chance to do it. Ff seems quicker in terms of feed duration but I also think ds needs to get used to it. But how?

I am dreading dh being out of the house all day esp as I have to do bed time etc on my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->