Feeling Unattached?

alloyd519

Mom of Twins & TTC #3
Reaction score
I had twin girls by c-section on Feb. 11th, they both had to stay in the hospital, Kailyn for 9 days, and Kyleigh's still there, she should be coming home anyday, but anyways now that Kailyn's home and I get to spend time with her I feel kinda unattached. Don't get me wrong, I love both of them more than anything but I feel like I missed out on bonding with them early on. The hospital I delivered at only had 2 hours of visiting a day for the NICU and now that I have her home and get to see her all the time I just feel like I kinda missed out. I'm sure it will get better with time, but I was just wondering if anyone else felt this way. I feel horrible for it.:cry: If you did, how long did it last and was there anything you did to make it better?

havent experienced this but dont let it get you down too much, im sure you'll have plenty of time to bond with ur babies when there both at home. hope ur feeling ok xxx

hey alloyd, know how ur feeling hun, Rhiannon only had to spend 2 days in NICU but you had to go by visiting hours and dr's rounds and shift changes so i barely got to see her and felt that she wasnt bonding with me... even though ive had her home for 2 weeks now i still sometimes have to tell myself to go to her when she is crying in someone elses arms because she doesnt feel like she is mine even though i love her so much it hurts... but im sure that bonding takes up to a couple of months so pls dont beat yourself up, ur beautifull girls know who their mummy is and will love you X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->