Feeling very low... any point trying to relactate?

L

LilMiss_91

So to cut a long story short, I found BFing exclusively impossible for the first few weeks of DD's. It was constant. I had no time for DS and no time to do anything else. I began supplementing with formula once in the evening. And then it started to creep in more and more out of convenience. I guess I kind of lost sight of what I really wanted. Up until a couple of weeks ago she would still feed from me first thing in the morning maybe a bit during the day and then would comfort nurse at bedtime and if she woke in the night. The daytime feeds decreased, and now the bedtime feed has gone. She sleeps through the night so doesn't feed then. And for the last 3 days she hasn't wanted breast in the mornings either. Whenever I offer it she screams at it. And will occasionally go to take it but then physically turn her head away every time. She screams like I'm offering her poison :cry: I don't know what to do. I desperately want to relactate but I don't know if it's worth it if she won't latch on. I exclusively expressed for DS and that's not something I can go back to. Anu advice? She just won't do it and it makes me so so sad. It feels like I've completely wasted this opportunity to have a really positive BFing experience. She was an ace feeder to begin with and now she just won't do it :cry::cry:

Have you tried calling a lactation consultant? Not sure what country your in but maybe contacting laleche league, they're amazing. If it's something you truly want to do, I'd say definitely try what you can to make it happen, then you'll know you at least gave it a shot. If not, don't beat yourself up over it!

No advice but I can offer sympathy :(. I started bottle feeding my daughter early on because she lost too much weight and would sleep at breasts instead of eat. Then I just dropped breast feeding because it stressed me out. I wish I would have kept at it. She would still nurse for comfort but now she's getting away from that (she's 3 months now). I started breast feeding her every morning last month and that was going well until just a week ago. She turns away and/or cries. It's heartbreaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->