Feels like I've strained a muscle down my left side. UPDATE.

AussieBub

Mum to 2DD & 1DS
Reaction score
Had this aching pain start yesterday morning and it gradually got stronger and stronger throughout the day. Still have it today and not sure if it's something to be concerned about. It's down my left side of my bloat bump, just above hip level. The sore area is about the size of my palm. I've not done any lifting or anything to strain/tear a muscle but that's what it feels like. It's really sore and uncomfortable. Anyone else had this? Do I need to be concerned?

-AussieBub

Pain got too strong tonight and ended up in an out of hours doctors. Turns out my perfectly harmless pregnancy symptom of constipation had caused a UTI to happen. The combination of the two has created the pain I'm feeling in my side apparently. I've been given codeine for the pain. Antibiotics for the UTI and laxatives for the constipation. Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought that constipation would create so much pain in my side that even breathing was causing pain. Big positive of the night though, we very faintly and briefly got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time. Doctor wasn't an expert on how to find baby and after finding my heart beat first, we successfully founds baby's. Despite the fact it was faint, due to bad positioning of the doppler, it was really reassuring to know that baby was still ok. So yeah, ladies if you find yourself with pain in your side and you've had some constipation, get yourself checked for a UTI. Glad I got checked rather than continuing to assume I'd just strained a muscle.

-AussieBub

Oooo glad all is ok Aussie, you'd be surprised what kind of pain a UTI can cause. I finished a course of.antibiotics yesterday for one, I felt like I was being stamped on my back, absolutely awful. Was really worried and since taking the antibiotics it's gone so fingers crossed they will be just as effective to you too :) hope you feel better soon x

I'm glad everything was OK and I hope that you're feeling better soon :hugs:

Yes I'm feeling much better now. 3 days of antibiotics cleared up the pain. I was on laxative to clear the blockage for 3 days too but they had zero effect. It's only now, 4 days after stopping the meds that it feels like the laxatives have started working lol. Pain is completely gone though thankfully.

-AussieBub

I use glycerol suppositories to clear constipation, they're better than laxatives because if you have a lot of hardened stuff near its exit point, haha, then all laxatives do it soften the stuff above that but take forever to actually make you go. Suppositories work within 10 minutes and afterwards I feel like skipping carefree through a field of corn haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->