Fellow teachers / early childhood educators

mummof1

Reaction score
Ladies I'm struggling over here lol I'm an early childhood educator in a kindergarten classroom of 26 children (mostly boys so you can imagine the atmosphere on a daily basis lol) our classroom is VERY busy.
I work full time , 8-4 and I'm just soooooo run down !
I found myself being snippy today with the poor little guys haha. Then I get home to my two boys , ages 3 and 5 and feel completely wiped out ! No energy for them :(
Any other teachers struggling right now? I hope it gets better after first tri, and maybe they'll be easier on me if they know I have a baby in my belly ? Hahah wishful thinking !

I am a infant toddler teacher and almost 4 weeks and I am already exauhsted physically I have been on my couch after cooking my son dinner who is 2.5. I've been having very strong symptoms for being so early on and the struggle is already real!

It's just so draining isn't it ? It takes so much out of me by the time I'm home I'm ready for bed !

Yes! I didn't feel this drained with my first pregnancy although I was with prek so maybe that's why not as much lifting and such

Ya you have a very high needs age group !
I don't have to lift any, well the odd time but I do have chase our "flight risks" daily lol

I am also A young toddler teacher, I have 9 of them a day with a co teacher, one of them being my 17 month old ds.

My oh can't seem to see why I'm exhausted.

Oh my goodness , yes I would think you would be quite exhausted ! Hopefully we all get our energy back when we hit second tri :)

I teach older children but I always struggled. I found being busy stopped me feeling like I was going to throw up but made me exhausted - obviously - in the evening. My oh was so unsympathetic as well which made it worse but by 4 months I usually felt better - I know that feels ages away though!

Ashley I also have 9 two are babies and two co teachers are you lifting babies? I'm not lifting toddlers but I can't get around lifting the babies I think I might just tell my two coworkers after my beta confirms pregnnacy on Monday as I don't want to overpower myself although my nurse from ivf said it's okay to lift but don't do it the whole day so it's usually a few times a day I worry about picking baby out of crib one is very light the there is heavier and around 10 months

I'm lifting anywhere from 20-30 pound toddlers constantly all day. I'm not worried about the lifting, it's just the fact I'm SO tired

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->