• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Femara/injections & iui oh my!

lanet

pregnant after lttc
Reaction score
We are nearing the 3 year mark ttc. We've had 1 failed iui with clomid and 4 failed clomid cycles. We are trying to be more aggressive this time. My husbands sperm quality has greatly improved so I guess we are now unexplained. I have a 10 year old daughter from a previous relationship.
Anybody else in a similar situation?

I am right there with ya! But we are TTC#1. Been TTC for about 4 yrs. I have done 3 rounds of clomid. My gyno said he couldn't do anything else for me so I found a well known RE. Did more testing and found out I have hostile cervical mucus due to 2 LEEPS and possible blocked tube. So we did our first round of IUI with letrozole/femera but no trigger shot. This time I am going to do letrozole/trigger shot/Pregnitude. I cried so hard when I got a BFN.

Oh I understand and I'm so sorry! I got a bfn with that cycle too. And I also just started seeing a new re. She just diagnosed me with hypothyroid, not a lot, just borderline low. And my husbands most recent s/a shows great numbers but positive agglutination. So I'm absolutely terrified about what that could mean. I have to wait until the 15th to see what the dr says about it:( but I've googled it, and I'm scared.
I hope your new cycle works for you! This will be a first for dh although he adopted my daughter. Who knew it would be such a struggle.

Oh my gosh I know! I never thought it would take this long. My dh has not done his s/a. He works a lot and is on-call a lot. He also lost his paperwork he needed to get it done. Anyway, our RE looked at it before our last IUI and said it looked great. He even said that his morphology number is one he doesn't see a lot. But I know the s/a will be a lot more in depth. I am wondering if it will even matter about your dh positive agglutination since they do a sperm washing before. Doesn't the washing separate the semen from the sperm. Then they only take the best swimmers? I could be wrong but I hope I'm not. Why so long to talk to the doctor? I would be such a mess....sending calming thoughts your way.

This is his 4th semen analysis. And yes I initially thought the sperm wash would take care of it but then I googled it, bad idea, it says it could mean antisperm antibodies. Then only icsi would help. The fact that the other 3 s/as didn't show the agglutination makes me think surely it's not antibodies right?! Maybe it's a fluke thing. I had already made the appt for the 15th bc it was her earliest available so that's why the long wait. I guess she doesn't want to discuss it all over the phone and I'm a couple hours away. Thank you for the calm thoughts! That's great about your dh numbers! We have had issues before with count and motility and now that is corrected and we have new issues. Sigh.

I would think that if it was it would have shown up on the other s/as. I see for the app. I figured that was why. Does your dh take a multi vitamin everyday? My RE said that it has been proven to boost :spermy: what injections are/were you taking?

Oh I have poor dh on many many vitamins! Lol. It really has helped too! I just picked up some extra vitamin c and e bc I read that can't help this problem.
I was taking bravelle injections. Even after all of that I only had 1 follicle. If the dr suggests iui again I will want to do injections again. I've only ever had 1 follicle. What about you? Do you respond well to the meds you're on?

I did respond very well the first time to letrozole. I had 3 follicles. But we are still unsure about my right tube which is where 2 of them were. The left one only had 1. I have never done the injections which is why I went to Dr. Chin. I knew he would not start me on injections right away. They just scare me too much. I wanted to try something else before I went to that. I have been taking OPKs and they never say I O EVER.... Even when I knew I had 3 eggs I never got a +OPK. I don't know what is up with that?? So I am requesting that my RE prescribe me the trigger shot to make sure I O when I need to for this next IUI. Keep your dh on those vitamins and you take yours. We will eventually get a BFP one of these days. I just want one like yesterday lol or even last year.

I would be cautious of injectables if you responded so well to letrizole. I want 3 follicles! Lol. injectables are so expensive too. We pay for everything. I ovulate on my own but it's usually late and irregular. I stopped using opks bc I got positives even on the digitals at wrong times during the month. So I can't trust them. Have you had your lh tested? That's good that you are doing the trigger, you may not be having an lh surge.

I don't believe they have tested my lh yet. They have tested my thyroid which checked out and prolactin checked out. Also tested some other hormone that will tell them about my egg reserve which was really good. But I don't remember them saying anything about lh. When were the OPKs saying you O? Maybe you were O at those times but they were all at different times? These OPKs are so messed up so who knows. A friend of mine who has two kids said she took them too and they always said - but she got pregnant anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->