Femara vs Clomid

Jenna_KA

Mommy of 1
Reaction score
Hi! It’s been a long time since I’ve been active on this site and I’ve finally jumped aboard the TTC train again with my now Fiancé (40). He has no children, I have a 7 year old from a previous relationship.
My last TTC journey ended positively after 1 year and 2 rounds of Clomid due to PCOS. I am now 27, and now that I’m ready for #2 my OBGYN has recommended we try Femara.
I am currently taking Provera to induce a cycle, but while I wait for AF to begin I was curious of the difference in side effects / success rates that any of you have experienced? With Clomid I mostly remember SERIOUS hot flashes and a lot of “feeling” in my ovaries.
Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

Been trying to conceive for the past 2 years. I’m 25 years old. Was told I have PCOS today, so glad someone was able to pick it up. The doctor started me on Femara 5mg, as soon as AF shows up, I will start with it. I have never been put on Clomid or Femara and my period is very consistent. I’ve never missed it at all, I just ovulate inconsistently. Hoping it all works out. He said we can try it for 3 months on 5mg and increase the dose if it doesn’t work or change to Clomid. My doctor is really open-minded and understanding. Baby dust to you all. ❤️❤️❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->