Femur length in 30th percentile?

butterfly5

PREGNANT 3RD TRI
Reaction score
Hi guys I have been looking at scan notes from a 26 week scan and my boys femur was 24 weeks and it says 30 percentile.

Anyone else have this? I had Down's syndrome combined test done which came back very low risk.

That just means that out of 100 average babies your babies thigh length is a little bellow average but completly within a normal range.

Im sure my femur length isnt the same as yours, everyone is different so are babies so its nothing to worry about

All my kiddies have been on the lower percentile for femure length (I'm short myself!) and they're all growing perfectly, my two boys are shooting up in height now! :)

I understand you've probably research about short femur length being a marker for Downs however the blood test that you've had is so much more accurate.

To be concerned, baby's femur would need to be about 5th percentile and a higher risk from the bloods.

So I wouldnt worry at all...:flower: Baby just might be a little shorty to begin with!

Phew thanks girls my hubby and I are tall unless the milkman had his way with me in my sleep hahah

Hey Hun... At my 32 week scan my little mans femur length was 2 weeks behind and he was born last week at 39 weeks measuring a perfect 51cm long and healthy :)

Hope that reassures u

Me & FOB aren't exactly tall yet my girl has got very long femurs!! Not quite sure where she's got it from!

But remember how early the scans are too.....plenty of time for his growth to even out before he comes to meet you!

Plus accurate measurments are very difficult after about 12 weeks due to them curling up so often is a miss guidance of the real length.
This one had a 98 percentil femure length at 22 weeks but I also had a rather dappy sonographer that put me at 17 weeks when I was just under 12 because she didnt measure it properly but then my son is 97 percentile in height since birth so who knows

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->