• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

fertility appt nhs question

gnome86

TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi all, have my first NHS appointment with the fertility consultant on 21.11.13I am wondering, as I have had all my bloods they requested and a lap&dye which was normal this year by gynae at same hospital, plus partner semen analysis still valid and very good -and i have quit smoking at lasssst :) annnnd am healthy weight.......................

What will happen? am i being too optimistic thinking general health quiz and prescription for clomid? I also have retroverted uterus so wondering if they would jump to IUI also? Sharp pains around ov. Used to be horrendous pre-laparoscopy. MY progesterone has been too low once to confirm ov and only just over minimum last time. Fell pg 2nd cycle post-lap but sadly lost it.
Have healthy 7 year old so have managed it once before.

anyone in same boat/been there can advise please?

thanks

This is an updated post. When I typed up my original reply, I saw that your partner had his SA but somehow completely missed that you'd already gone through a fair bit. So most of what I wrote before did not apply. :blush:

If you've already had a fair bit of blood work and you'd been through a lap&dye, have you been charting as well? Seems like that's something they often want to see.

When I saw my Dr, I already had my charts, so he checked TSH and prolactin which were normal. Then I had an HSG which was normal. I asked what's next if I don't get pg in the next few cycles after the HSG, and he said then we could talk about meds and IUIs. So since you've had the lap&dye (that leaves no reason for an HSG, right?), seems like Clomid may be a good possibility.

Not sure how much the uterus will affect things. Especially since you've had a successful pregnancy before.

I feel like this post was quite useless but it's at least a bump and I'm wishing you the best!

Grats on quitting smoking! :thumbup:

thank you for your reply :)
that's what I'm hoping/figuring, that as have had the lap n dye, that wont have to have the other ones as (I'm sure you know) I have heard they are v painful, not of course it matters if I got to do it, just not pleasant thought lol.
I havent tried chartingyet, I wake up all hours of the night to go to the loo, daughter wakes me up early some days etc so wouldnt be accurate. If she
asks me to then i will give it a go.
Read something yesterday about a blood test to show ovarian reserve, not on nhs so will ask her about that.

thanks for the info x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->