Fertility friend and similar

Mummy2jayden

WTT for baby no.2 June 10
Reaction score
I went onto fertility friend as was recommended to me and O M G! Maybe im thick but this is like chinese to me! :wacko: Im all knew to this charting etc and even tho I plan on using Ovulations kits I thought id look into all the BBT etc to see about doing that too and its mind boggling! I could never see myself getting the hang of that in time :nope: I understand the whole CM thing but when I saw the graphs my mind just totally boggled!!

They do have 'lessons' that they email to you and that are available on the site if you need them. I found them very useful.

I've just started charting on Saturday. I have my first 2 'dots', which are my temperatures taken in the morning before I get up and then the graphs show the temperature dips and peaks. Then FF actually works out when you ovulated etc. It does the hard work for you from what I understand.

I certainly found the lessons very helpful.

I hope this helps! x

Eventually it will become like second nature to you. Now I just log in input me info and log off without even thinking about it. It seems like a lot in the beginning, just spend some time poking around and you'll get the hang of it.

it really is easy once you get a hang of it. just take it step by step.

i only did temping the month i got my bpf and i found it amazing to know exactly what my body was doing.

it was great to confirm ovulation and i was able to see my temp go up and up so i had a good feeling i was pg before i even tested, i even got to see an implantation dip.

im going to start temping again in a few months ready for ttc again in sept.

Just take your temperature every morning and stick it in the relevant box - keep doing that and eventually it'll become a bit clearer as you can see what's happening over the month.

I only use it for cyclus lenghts an prediction so far. I never knew before the lenghts of my cyclus lol. I only knew when it was about to come but not in days.

I didnt even think of charting my temp to be honest but it seems aloit of you ladies find it really useful so I may look into that too then :)

Hey there, I tried all the charting thing last time we were TTC and I think that is what sent me over the edge and not able to cope with TTC. For me it really doesnt work, and makes me super paranoid all the time, am I doing it right, am I ovulating? I end up driving myself mental!! This time I am just going to let nature take its course, and of course if it hasnt happened in about 10 months, then I will think about trying it again. Good luck.

i think the lessons are really useful, im on about lesson 4 and they are teaching me a lot. Im gonna start temping as soon as i buy a thermometer.

I am finding temping helpful but very confusing :) Maybe after a couple of weeks it will become second nature

I've been using this for years (sort of a science experiment on and off the pill for now but I intend on continuing to chart until my 1st bfp).

Defo check out the lessons.

I am receiving the email lessons im on number 7 so hopefully itll make more snese once im done with them lol

I looked in to this but I can't temp because I have very restless nights and am up and down with my kids all night

Can you start temping at any point during your cycle or do you need to wait for CD1 etc? x

Does anyone know of a free fertility charting website besides Fertility Friend? I just saw that you have to pay for it after the free membership is over...

You still get a free basic membership once the VIP trial is over.

Can you start temping at any point during your cycle or do you need to wait for CD1 etc? x

You can start at anytime in your cycle, but it might not be as clear of a pattern for you until you get through one full cycle. I think that I started charting my first cycle on cd5 and it was able to sort out when I ovulated. The more info that you give ff (such as cm), the easier it is for it to pinpoint you ovulation day. Also, ff will not give you an ovulation day until it sees at least three consecutive temp raises above your coverline (the average of you temps pre-ovulation).
After a while, you will be able to see patterns and know about when your body typically ovulates and what your coverline tends to be.
Most importantly, make sure that you take your temp at the same time everyday before you get out of bed.
Good luck!!! I find ff very informative and I think that it is fun to see how the hormones work in my body.
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->