Fertility Monitor vs. OPKs

Hey_Beautiful

TTC #2
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me the difference between using a Fertility Monitor and OPKs (digital with the smiley face)...I used CBE Digital with the smiley face on many cycles with no luck, and am considering trying the Fertility Monitors. Today begins my CD1, and I will be able to purchase more OPKs or a Fertility Monitor on CD3 ($$$$). Please let me know what is best and/or your preference...

I have no idea which is best. I just didn't want to read and run. I bought some Ovulation tests and they all came out negative but I know I'm ovulating so it is annoying! good LuCK!

the main difference between OPK and FM is that OPK only detects one hormone and gives you + once they detect LH surge. FM detects two hormones it gives you HIGH once it detected a rise in estrogen and then a few days later it gives you PEAK once it detected LH surge. so if it works properly you get a fertile window of 4-5 days before ovulation to plan your bedroom activity :)

I am using both at the moment, CBFM is much better but in certain circumstances it can miss LH surge like I had laparoscopy last month and for some reason it could not recognize LH surge, it just game me HIGHs and never PEAKed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->