Fetal Fibernectin and Previous Preemie

SweetPea3200

Reaction score
Hi There!

I'm 26 weeks with my second and had a positive fetal fibernectin swab after some cramping and back pain a couple of days ago. That combined with my unexplained 34 week delivery with my son I'm wondering what my chances are of going full term with this babe? I'm going to ask my doctor but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. My research is not giving me much hope!

My labour with my son was perfectly normal starting with discomfort and cramping that started dilating my cervix. No PROM or Pre-e or anything like that. Anyways, advice or similar stories would be very appreciated!

I wondered what my chances were of another preemie when I was preggo with DD too. I ended up delivering at 35 weeks (again) due to PPROM (again) despite having weekly progesterone injections. I know you posted this awhile ago, I don't think anyone can give you any answers, I just know that a history of preterm delivery increases your chances of it happening again. Do you have an update on your situation? I hope all is well.

Thanks for the reply ladies! 28 weeks now and still pregnant so that's great. Doctor doesn't think there's much chance of me going past 36 weeks but I'm still hopeful!

Each and every week makes a huge difference for your babe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->