Fetal movements - would you worry?

Kmx

Reaction score
I woke up this morning & thought to myself that I hadnt felt baby kicking as I usually do whilst I'm waking up/lying in bed. This continued until 1pm. I started getting extremely sore sharp pains in my lower left abdomen. As I was lying down rubbing my tummy I felt her kick - I think I must have disturbed her. I think the pains were round ligament pain so didn't worry - they are like stitch pains when make it impossible to walk or move. It goes away when I lie down.

Anyway since 1pm I havn't felt her kick again so I got my dobbler out and could hear a very fast heartbeat so I assume she's ok but I've had more sharp pains tonight when walking. When I had the Doppler on her she started to kick again but nothing since. So she'll kick if I disturb her but usually I don't need to.

Do you think she's having a growth spurt hence the round ligament pain and less movement therefore nothing to worry about? Or could this be cause for concern?

Try a cold sugary drink and then lay down for a good 30-45 mins and see if it gets her to move.

She could have moved into a new position too where you can't feel her as much. Was her heartbeat normal?

Only you know what's normal for your baby is your worried please ring maternity assessment unit

I agree with the pp, if you're in any way worried please called the maternity ward/midwives office and get advice.

Mine did this for a few days which made me worry so I called midwife, she said they don't track patterns until 28+ weeks but always happy to listen in so I would ring her/him. Just after I called bubs started kicking like mad typically! They do like to worry us xx

I would ring up. She's probably just having a lazy day but the reduced movement combined with pains means Id be getting checked over. Best to be on safe side x

Ive heard that you should really worry about fetal movement until 28 weeks. Maybe the baby is just more tired then usual. If you are really concerned drink pop or something with sugar like a chocolate bar and see if the baby doesn't start moving a lot after 20 minutes. I'm sure its nothing to worry about but i know how stressful pregnancy can be.

Thanks everyone. She started moving loads last night which is normal for her so that reassured me. Also the pains havn't returned either so I am going to take it easy and keep an eye on it.

I had a spell of being very uncomfortable/site around 25weeks and baby had a quiet day too, so I do believe they had a bit of a growth spurt around then. However, it's best not to reassure yourself with a doppler, that's the advice I've always been told. Whilst we hear a healthy heartbeat, we might be misreading something, so best to have trained people have a listen if you're concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->