Ffions HV and Dr appt

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
Ffion had a HV and drs appt on Tuesday so thought id do a little update

We had a new HV who was very nice :happydance: which makes a huge change, she was lovely.

Ffion now weighs.... 16lb 8oz!!! which is really great

HV seemed pleased with her progress with crawling and pulling herself up, was really pleased she can say mama, dada and hiya
We also chatted about Ffions struggles with formula milk and agreed we should see the dr.

Rhys was diagnosed with a Milk Protein Intollerence over a year ago and we've had to be very very careful with what he eats.

Over the past 3-4 weeks ive had my suspisions that Ffion was having similer symptoms. i decided against going to the drs incase i was worrying over nothing, but on friday Ffion started with severe stomach pains just like Rhys did all those months ago :dohh:

So we went to the dr and he agreed that it looked like Ffion also had some sort of intollerence, either lactos or milk protein, so we have presciption formula (which still contains milk protein for now until we are sure what shes intollerent too) so we'll see where we go from here.

With Rhys he had to give up milk completely for over 6 months and he didnt gain any weight in this time and is still severely underweight. I dont really want this to happen with Ffion too :-( so im hoping that she is fine with the lacto free milk.

so we're now on SMA LF and shes doing great on that, we've cleared the cupboard and fridge of baby food with milk in and im having to make her food from scratch.

the nursery the kids go to have said i have to provide Ffions food now so they wont be held liable if she eats something with milk in which is fair enough, just means i have extra things to think about when im packing her nursery bag!!!

Glad she's doing so well! :D ...hope she's ok with the new formula x

Awww glad you have a nice H.V and everything is going pretty well with the follow up to the milk etc.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->