Fibrocystic breasts and the two week wait.

Hartsbegeerte

Reaction score
Hi Ladies !

I am new to the forum- quick history, 3 years of TTC, currently doing our second IUI (Femara day 3-7, with trigger shot). I have PCOS and hubby has had low counts in the past, but at the moment, good counts!

I have a question that I think only a select few of you may be able to answer. I have fibrocystic breasts, or rather, one fibrocystic breast,which always starts hurting a week before my period, it's basically my early warning system. I am currently in the two week wait after my IUI and sure enough, the breast is hurting, so I am a bit discouraged and expecting my period any day now.

I was however wondering if my breast would still hurt even if I actually am pregnant? Does anyone have an answer, I have been wondering about this for more than a year, every month!!

Thank you so much!!

I have the same issue and was told it starts and hurts most with the spike of Progesterone. Once the Progesterone drops and your period comes the throbbing stops.

Thank you Nolimitxox! A lot of sources I read said it was estrogen, but progesterone makes more sense, since it really gets better when my period actually arrives and is at its worse a week before my period (which is when progesterone spikes).

I was not pregnant last month, but we tried our 3d IUI this month and I am currently in the 2 week wait once more. Hopefully it will be 3d time lucky for us.!!!!

I have a lot of cystic breast pain, like always, but if it is indeed progesterone, I am not counting myself out for this month just yet :)

No i wouldnt at all!! My OB told me not to worry about it, I had an ultrasound and its just dense breast tissue. I dont remeber the amount of pain I had my BFP cycle vs the rest of ny cycles, I just kind of expect to be in pain and thats it. Haha.best of luck this tww. Let me know how it turns out. Will you try IVF should this 3rd iui fail?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->