Fibronectin test?

BabyAitchison

Reaction score
Hi, just got home from hospital. Been getting irregular but painful tightenings since about 2pm, been getting cramps and bad backache since beginning of week so did make me wonder if something was happening. They did scan an cervix closed but did discover that my placenta is now low which it wasn't a few weeks ago. Ffibronectin test was neg which good so let me home with strict instructions. My sons labour started at 30 weeks and again twice before I had him at 35 wks and my dd was also born at 35 wks. Anyone had the test and be ok? Anyone know what I would expect if I had her this early? X x

A negative FFN is a really good thing because it means you shouldn't labour within the next 2 weeks. Even a positive only means there is a 1 in 3 chance you will labour.

I hope you keep cooking for many more weeks xx

I had 4 positive ffns - and a few negatives, but manage to go overdue with my 2nd

I don't know where you are in Scotland but they are generally only used in research trials here

Oh where are you? I'm in fife. I was asked to do the optimum trial? Said no though. X x

I'm in edinburgh, yeah, i did the opptimum trial xx

Good luck doll, we're right behind ya xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back