Fidgety at boob

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
Lo gets really fidgety at the boob sometimes. He pulls himself off often but still wants to b on there. Last night was quite bad as it took me 2 hours to convince him to feed he would fish like he wanted feeding if I took boob away but would not latch. Overall our latch is good any advice?

No advice really, but I remember my son doing this when he was really little. He grew out of it, but yeah it was so annoying!

Even now he pulls away a lot, (not unlatching, just pulling). Nipples sure can stretch lol.

It could be a growth spurt. They want to eat but get annoyed if the let down isn't immediate and pull off. It does pass.

Or they do their hungry signs when they have trapped wind because all they know is "tummy feels odd" but when they start to feed it is more uncomfortable so they pull off again - so maybe try winding instead of feeding.

It could be a growth spurt. They want to eat but get annoyed if the let down isn't immediate and pull off. It does pass.

Or they do their hungry signs when they have trapped wind because all they know is "tummy feels odd" but when they start to feed it is more uncomfortable so they pull off again - so maybe try winding instead of feeding.

Thanks! He does suffer quite bad with his wind and I think he may have reflux as he gets really sicky too. I do try to wind if he doesn't stay on and sometimes get oh to wind him too. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
I remember gripe water really helped ds1 with his wind and reflux so will wait till 1 month,
Can I ask as well about giving lo a dummy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->