Final name choices, opinions please!

Suzy_Q

Mom to Stroke Survivor
Reaction score
I've got the final list and a running favorite BUT figured I would check in with you ladies for a last minute opinion. I'm trying to do a poll but I've never done one before so I'll list the three options below just in case the poll doesn't work. The middle name is locked in (my mom's middle name) and I'll put the surname in as it sounds so the name will be:

______ Marie Dew-ling

1. Gesina (Juh-see-nah)
2. Ella
3. Keira

Thoughts? Votes?

Definitely Ella! Gesina is a bit alliterative with your surname, I'm not a fan of alliteration but some are! Good luck with your choice and congrats on your LO xxx

I really like Gesina, but voted Ella because I pronounced it wrong until I read your phonics lol. If your going for more unique I would go with Gesina, as there are alot of Ella's around me. But I loveeee the name Ella :)

In for Ella as well! I think Ella Marie sounds wonderful together and rolls off the tongue where the others are a little more clunky. At the end of the day though, its what you love... Let us know what you pick!

#1 - Ella - lovely name but a little more common than others
#2 - Keira - good balance of not overused, not weird :haha: just not my personal fave
#3 - Gesina - lovely but as pp says I pronounced it wrong first time. Explaining what your name is might get a bit boring for LO!

Keira is my fave, gesina will be mispronounced a lot which could get annoying (speaking from experience, even when people have been told a million times!) and Ella is really common now near me. Especially Ella rose or may etc

X

I think Ella sounds best in the entire name, but I think I like Gesina the best because its rare so much more fun to use :) but then Keira is my favourite out of your choices. LOL not much help, sorry, but there's nothing wrong with any of your choices; they're all nice :)

Ella is way too redundant these days, which is a shame, because it's adorable and I've always loved it. Keira is a sweet name and definitely not heard these days. Unique enough that your daughter probably won't run into another one in her class or even her school. I don't care for Gesina, because just like the others who have replied to your post, I mispronounced it, and speaking from experience, it can become exasperating to constantly correct others on her name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->