Finally got around to my birth story

Becky123

Mum to Owen Rhys
Reaction score
I went to the hospital on the tuesday night due to baby not moving, they put me on the ctg and said he was fine, I then said there was a mistake on my notes as the sonogapher had told us Owen was breech but had put on my notes he was head down so they took my upstair and gave me a scan.

Baby was breech, but they also said there was reduced water around him so I had to go back for 9am to have a long scan to check his growth and everything.

I went in to the hospital about 8.30am and went up to MAC (midwife assessment centre) and then went down for my scan.

Scan showed there was no water at all so I had to wait to see the consultant.

She came and told me they were thinking of giving me a c section on the friday (xmas eve) as Owen wasn't growing properly and cuz there was no water around him so they weren't sure whether the placnta was working properly and also I was having problems with my blood pressure.

I had to stay in for ctgs every 3 hours and steroid injections for his lungs.

Thursday they came round with the consent forms for the c section so I knew it was definitely happening, I was terrified.

Friday morning came and they came to take me upstairs to theature at 10am, but just as I was leaving the ward they had a phone call saying there was an emergency so I went back to my bed and waited.

I'm not sure what time they came to take me up but they took me up to delivery unit and took me into my room to get into my gown, I then went through to the anaethetics room where they led me on a trolley and did my blood pressure and everything, I noticed my blood pressure was 208/116!!!

The anatesthetist then gave me a local that hurt a bit but wasn't too bad then she put the spinal block in, I started to panic cuz my legs were numb and it felt really strange, so they put the bed slighlty on a tilt and gave me a cloth for my head to coll me down as I was very hot.

I was then wheeled into theature, my OH came aswell dressed in scrubs.

They took my blood pressure regularly and kept giving me something in my arm to stop me feeling dizzy.

I didn't even know the surgeon had started as the anathetist was talking to me the whole time keeping me calm.

after about 10 minutes they lowered the screen so I could see Owen being lifted out.

I heard him cry and burst into tears myself, thanking the surgeon.

they took him over to the table to check him over and invited OH to go and take some photos.

They then bought me Owen and layed him on my chest while they stitched me up. I then heard the surgeon say they were putting in staples.

After they had finished the surgeons had a guess on Owens weight, I guessed 5lb 40z, he turned out to be 5lb 8oz he was born at 12.36pm

they then slid me onto a bed and wheeled me to my room, where a midwife stayed with me until about 9pm during this time they regularly took my blood pressure and temperature. my blood pressure went down to 108/40, I started to feel a bit dizzy so they ave me some medication which helped.

my left leg started to gain some feeling back after 3 hours but my right leg took longer and was about 5 hours until I could move it.

I couldn't keep any liquids down so they gave me another drip to keep me hydrated.

they everntually took me down to the ward at 9.30pm where the midwifes looked after Owen for the night as I was exhausted and couldn't keep my eyes open.

Overall the c section was a positive experience.

We eventally got home on sunday night.

Heres a piccy of when he was minutes old

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y270/bex986/Owen/103_0837.jpg

Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing hun! :)

Aww congratulations honey, he's adorable :)

Sounds like you had quite a scary experience, i'm glad it all worked out for you and little Owen :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->