Finally here!!!

BrittBS

Expecting #2!
Reaction score
After 5 long months I'm finally here and I hope to stay!! :happydance: Did any of you take vitex while TTC? I'm on the fence about continuing to take it. Are any of you continuing it through the first trimester?

Welcome and Congrats! I don't know what vitex is so can't help there lol I was on serequel, fluoxetine, and zoplicone before I was pregnant but don't take any ofit any more. Best of luck! X

Yay! I had a feeling BrittBS! (sorry my avatar is different if you don't recognize me). I have been on your threads in ttc for a while lol.

So glad the vitex ended up working for you and your wacky temps ended up being a good thing eh? My RE said to continue the vitex through 1st tri which I did and all is perfect. She said if I stopped it might throw off the hormonal balance I had achieved up to that point. It's up to you hun but read up on it before you decide. There were some women saying they heard you should quit but the midwives and RE said don't stop it cold turkey. Here's a link-

https://natural-fertility-info.com/...s-during-ivf-endometriosis-and-cleansing.html

Big big congrats and glad to see you here!:happydance:

Thank you so much Pandi for your help!! I remember you! :) do I stop the b 100 complex now? I've also seen something about taking a baby aspirin a day?

Thank you so much Pandi for your help!! I remember you! :) do I stop the b 100 complex now? I've also seen something about taking a baby aspirin a day?

I can't speak for the aspirin as I didn't do that but maybe someone else will chime in. Are you taking prenatals yet? The only supplementation to a good prenatal I am taking is a folate supplemet (not folic acid which actually isn't absorbed as well).

Dr's Best brand was recommended by my RE especially for me since I was coming off two rounds of methotrexte to treat an ectopic pregnancy and that depletes your body completely of folate so I figure it's a pretty good product. She did emphasize that any folate supplement with methyfolate is great tho and threw in that's what they prescribe but I could save some bucks getting it on my own.

I am so very happy for you and read your other thread about your job..that sucks. I actually opted not to go back to a retail management job after this pregnancy as we didn't want to rock the boat. Just an fyi tho you have rights as an employee (I had to read all the handbooks as I managed 30+ people lol) and they cannot fire you or harass you for being pregnant. A matter of fact your doctor can write a note specifying lifting limits as well as required breaks throughout the day and they have to abide or than can be sued. Anyways happy and healthy 9 months to you lady and I will look forward to your updates!

Pandi did you continue the same dosage of vitex or did you lower it?

Pandi did you continue the same dosage of vitex or did you lower it?

I took the same amount- two 400 mg capsules a day. 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening. I forgot to take it with me on a 5 day trip and broke out in acne and felt pretty crappy so I was surprised it had such an impact! When I got back and started up again everything straightened out (thank goodness).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->