Finally in the third tri! When did you ladies start prepping for baby officially?

thecurlymama

Reaction score
Well, here I am, I have crept my way into the third trimester and it feels like time is flying by! Yikes, almost to my 30 week point and I'm wondering when everybody else started preparations like packing your birth bag, buying newborn clothes, making a birth plan, etc.... ??

I'm getting so excited I can hardly wait!!

Congratulations on your third-tri move. Personally I had the baby bag packed and ready to go at about 35 weeks. I would suggest setting up your birthing plan at around the same time. I did not feel the need for one, since my ob was very open to conversation and asked me about my labor preferences.

When it comes to buying that is all up to you! You can buy weekly or you can buy all at one time. It was more manageable for us to go by weekly and we just last week finished up on everything we would need and have it set up to be used.

Whatever you decide best of luck and congratulations again. :thumbup:

Me and hubby have next week off work and plan to finish the nusery, wash clothes and pack my bag :flower:

Pretty much done here except for the hospital bag. Just need a baby :)

All I have left to do is wash baby cloths and pack is bags. Mine has been packed fpr weeks due to high risk of ptl and the fact you can never be fully prepared.

Welcome. :)

We started shopping for clothes after our gender scan at 16 weeks (couldn't help ourselves) and the bought most big things at about 22 weeks as the was when the January sales were one.

Nursery finally got finished about 4 weeks ago (so 30 weeks-ish) but we started painting back at the start of February.

Hospital bag is half done at the moment, and I've just started washing all her clothes and bits.

Hoping to finish my hospital bag this weekend (will put a list on the top of what needs to be added before we leave for the hospital.)

We've ordered the pram and got clothes. Chosen our crib but haven't ordered it, and that's about it really. I'm not fussed about having a specific nursery done yet as she'll be in with us for a few months anyway. I'll have my hospital bag done at about 35/36 weeks I think.

I had the nursery ready at 30 weeks, and right now I have baby clothes, and toiletries ready too. Still no hospital bag ready, I will get everything packed on the day I actually have to go to the hospital.
No written birth plan, I have my midwife who already knows what I want so I'm covered.

Don't forget to look into birth classes!!!

I've bought all of babies clothes, but haven't washed them. I have my suitcase, but that is empty. I think maybe I will finish up next weekend or around 37 weeks.

I am at the the same stage as you cant believe im in third tri!!
We have quite alot of clothes biught now and the little things like stocking up on wipes, toiletries etc. we found it was more managable for us money wise to buy one big thing per month. Still have quite a few things to get and want my nursery totally finished by 35 weeks for me going in maternity leave. There still seems to be so much to do!!

Thanks ladies! Congrats to everybody for being so close :D

I'm hopefully having my baby shower at the end of this month or at the beginning of May- depending on the weather- it was sunny here for about a week (I was hoping it would last!) but as of last night it's been pouring rain, and it's been forcasted to be rainy for the next 2 weeks. bummer!

I have tons of baby stuff, but it's not really organized and OH and I will be moving into a place with only 1 bedroom soon, so we won't have room for a nursery- but it's okay cause he'll be sleeping with us for a while anyway :)

I'm 32 weeks 3 days and so far I've done my birth plan, done a tour of our labor & delivery ward, started packing my hospital bag but still have some essentials to get. Luckily my hospital provides everything I'll possibly need so I only have to get things I really want e.g. My favorite shower gel etc. Nothing else will be done until after my baby shower as that's when I'll have everything.
Someone bought the crib from our registry and DH put it together last night. Can't wait unntil the rest of the nursery is set up :)

I'm 32 weeks and have got everything now, just need to get a few bits and bobs like nappies and things for the hospital bag and then the cot but i'm not getting that until shes here because i've got the moses basket but i'm pretty much set. I think its best to get things or even start to get things at 28 weeks because its not to late and its not to early and being 32 weeks now i really don't feel like doing anything so i think that is the best time. :)

Erm well I seem to be a lot later than everyone else lol
We went shopping at 36+5 got everything in one go
Going to do the washing and packing my bag this weekend at 38+5
Pram came yesterday with car seat
It will all fall into place

Nearing 30 weeks and have done nothing but register for my shower which is in 2 weeks lol

I had the cot, moses basket etc. by 20 weeks.
my hospital bag was packed from 28 weeks and has been repacked about 10 times.
The pram and car seat at 32 weeks.
I started buying Nappies, wipes, etc. from about 15 weeks and onwards.
And clothes from about 12 weeks and onwards. (I actually think she has more clothes than I do haha! And I've washed each piece of clothing about 4 times)

I like to be organised haha but i think my nesting instinct kicked in early x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->