Finally Ruby Olivia Baker 11th October - Long sorry!!

Laura1984

Ruby's Mummy
Reaction score
Well, Ruby Olivia Baker is nearly 6 weeks old now. It's taken me a while but.... Here is our birth story

Ruby was due on Saturday the 4th October on which nothing happened to me, Ema however had baby Jacob and I really didn't mind her stealing my due date because she sure had waited long enough and it took the edge of the fact nothing was happening my end!

Wednesday 8th October
12.30pm went for a sweep which killed but was wierdly ok becuase I hoped and prayed it was going to get us somewhere.

Thursday 9th October
4.05am my waters broke - THE wierdest sensation I have ever felt in my life!
Hospital - nothing nada no pain nothing! booked in for induction 7.30 tomorrow if noting happens on it own in the mean time. But guess what nothing happened!

Friday 10th October
Lisa could probably tell you better than me what was hapenening today she had texts, phone calls, pics, the lot lol!
The first pesary was put in at 8.45 am i was 2 cm dilated but my cervix was high and thick!? by 12pm my contractions were ever 3-5 mins and had paracetamol and numerous baths but by 1pm the paracetamols weren't helping at all so I asked the midwife to examine me, I was not supposed to be examined untill 3pm (6 hours later) I was told there wasn't anyone available to examine me!!! 3pm came and went still paracetamol and baths, it got to 5.30 and I ordered Jim to find someone that second to examine me which after about half an hour they did still 2cm dilated but cervix thin and soft and had moved around!? i felt like the biggest failure why all this pain bt not much happeneing the midwife explained about there being alot of pain when you're induced!! Great!! So i asked would I have the next pessary now to speed things to which they basically replied we cant make your labour any faster becuase there isn't the staff available to deal with another labour yet so they were leaving me in all this pain becuase there wasn't enough staff to cope and they said I would probably end up on te ward that night as not much was happening well my heart broke! on the ward in this pain, without jim!!!
Anyway buy 8.30 I was writing around the bed like something not right I couldn't do much becuase everytime i got a contraction my bod froze. still nobody came to see me so all the mooing and the other farm yard animal noises i was holding inside came out and within minutes someone came to examine me and i was 6cm!! next question can I have gas and air now???? erm no we have to tak you into another room to have the baby I was like noooo i need someting now it took me ages to get to the labour suite but once i was there and on the gas and air boy was I ok!! the ok-ness didnt last long though becuase i was begging for an epidural (which every midwife there told me to have becuase i'd been induced) so the anethetist (sp?) came and sorted me out it was amazing but after about 20 mins... all of a sudden bang what the heel is that pain sooo bad they thought it may be too long since it'd been topped up but no we were fine so anethetist came back to check it had come out of my back so she tried again to which I got a pocket of pain on my right side but between the half working epidural and the gas and air I was fine but oh no she wanted to start again so she did and failed! so it was me, the pain, a glass of water some lip balm and the good old gas and air! the rest is just horrendus i'd never imagined pain like it i think if I hadn't have had the 20 mins pain free i would've been ok but i had in my head all the time epidural soon we'll be ok!!

Saturday 11th October
so by 12am I was ready to push so we got going and at 2 am I asked if she would be here within the hour and the midwife told me we'll see which obviously meant no! i was losing the will to live I honestly didn't have the energy to scratch me arse if it'd been itchy! Then Ruby Pooed which I was hyterical worrying about her so they put me on a drip and told me quite sternyl I had to get her out then all these people rushed in and it was explained that when she came out she would be taken to the table the other side of the room to be treated and we wont hear her cry as they delay it as they didnt want the meconium to go into her lungs. So I was still pushing but so exhausted was begging for a c section (the midwife said unles you mean that do not let them hear you say it, apparently it wasn't far off) poor Jim was encouraging me and telling me to keep going but he said afterward all what was coming out of his mouth was bull shit he knew in his heart i was knackered! then the consultant said we need to do an epesiotimy (sp?) so i told them all to piss of there was no way so i got the gas and ait jim said i sucked it for what seemed like about 5 mins did a ush so hard he thought i was going to have a heart attack but at 4.05am exactly 48 hours after my water had broken out came Ruby Olivia Baker weighing a huge 8lb 13oz and good 7lb'er they said when the first saw herboy were they wrong and I felt every ounce lol!!!

She was taken away but she was soon given back to us and she was the most beautiful little thing I had ever seen, looking back at photos now i realise she wasnt quite that beautiful but she is now and I lover her more than I could ever have imagined!

I really couldnt have done it wthout jim and the wonderful midwife we were lucky to have been given they were both amazing! It was the most painful but the most wonderful day of my life!

Aww lovely :) well done! Hope Lisa didn't get any pics of your pessary :rofl:

Congratulations!! :yipee: Sam was 8lb 13oz too :D

Aww lovely :) well done! Hope Lisa didn't get any pics of your pessary :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: It did sound like you were sending her pics of everything :rofl: x

ha! :rofl: she only got one of me on the gas and air and she sent the same to me x

congrats cant wait to see pictures xxx

well done u. ruby was born on the same day as my son.....jst 4years later. x

Congratulations. Lol at the faryard noises - I'm with you on that one! x

Oh Laura it all came back to me!!! :rofl: You might of been in agony but you didnt lose your sense of humour!!! Bless ya your texts were piss funny and I'll never forget your little voice when you rang and said 'I'll have to talk quick, ther's another one coming!!'

Great story....at long friggin last xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"