Finally!!!!!

Ruth2307

Student
Reaction score
Joy of joys AF arrived today. :happydance::happydance::happydance:After almost 200 days of absolutely nothing I started bleeding about an hour ago. Interestingly it's exactly one week after my EDD (to the day) and I cannot help but feel that on some level my body finally let go. If I had stayed pregnant, I wonder if I would have given birth today??

The pain has been excrutiating, never had anything quite like it before. I'm really hoping that I can draw a line under the last 6 months and I can have some sort of closure. I know a woman's first AF after a loss is often significant as it it can symbolise the start of a new chapter. I've had to wait soooooo long for mine.

I didn't think I'd ever be so happy to see AF! My first genuinely smile for weeks.

xxxx

Oh Ruth, you are a patient woman. I'm so glad for you! :happydance:

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Did you call your GP?:hugs:

I have an appointment for Friday morning. Actually I called today for an emergency appointment because I was in such terrible pain and I didn't know what was wrong. :dohh:That said my last period was in March and even then it wasn't a proper one because I'd had the infection after the HSG so it's been a while; hopefully I can be forgiven for having forgotten what it feels like....

I don't know if I'll go on Friday but my sister says I should keep the appointment. But what will I say???

You will tell them that you need a referral to a gynecologist. Most definitely go.:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi my sweet friend! I'm so happy to hear that you got your AF. I think that you should keep your drs. appt. also. I'm sending u massive :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

WOW...happy the witch finally arrived for you. Go to the Dr. They need to check everything now. :hugs:

:wohoo:\\:D/:wohoo:\\:D/:wohoo:\\:D/:wohoo:\\:D/:wohoo:

Congratulations on being 'up on bricks' start of the new chapter now :hugs:
x
Tracy

Ruth! :happydance: It's been so long since we last 'saw' you and I can't believe you have waited all this time for AF to show her face, really spooky that it is around the same time as your EDD. Truly a sign that you are able to let go and move on :flower:

Hope all goes well for your Dr's appt and the pain subsides :hugs::hugs:

Just to update you:

Went to see GP this morning. She said that she will only refer me to gynae for a scan if my period does another long term disappearing act. So provided it comes back again within the next three months then that should be ok. :shrug:

She thinks that the underlying PCOS has been the reason why I had no period rather than anything related to the ERPC.

On a separate note I have managed to pick up a urine infection so am popping yet more antibiotics but hey, why change the habit of lifetime! So in addition to period pains from hell I've also been contending with inflammation and discomfort from the infection.

Back to watching and waiting....

Ruth, I am so glad you went and so sorry for the UTI.:hugs::hugs:

But, you doc sounds like an idiot!:growlmad:

I'm sorry to hear about your uti...those are so painful.:hugs::hugs::hugs: I have periods from hell too! They are so painful.

I can sympathise Ruth, I had my erpc nearly 15 weeks ago and still no AF.
It took 12 weeks after my first erpc so I'm hoping for it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->