Finding clothes that fit a fluffy bum

littlequeenie

Reaction score
... as a newbie at this - where do you guys go to get clothes that fit around the extra cute cloth bottom? Do you just get a size bigger on the bottom or could you recommend anywhere special?

I tend to get vests and trousers a size bigger, plus I tend to have him in joggers most days as jeans are especially difficult to pull over a fluffy bum!!!!

I normally use the bigger size vest although Ryan rarely has any clothes on except a nappy and teeshirt in the house :haha:

I will buy a bigger size bottom, although Freya is still in 6-9 trousers and they're still very big, lol. Some of my nappies are slimmer than others, so what she wears depends on the nappy she has on.

You can get vest extenders if you just want to make them bigger around the bum :)

Fruji do organic clothes that are cut for cloth but i tend to use joggers instead of jeans/denim or end up going up a size a bit earlier to get the space for the lovely fluff!

You can get vest extenders if you just want to make them bigger around the bum :)

Oooh! Didn't know about that!

And yeah, I agree with you all - jeans are difficult. I find baby clothes are always random sizes, and now even more random in cloth nappies.

I don't need to buy bigger clothes :shrug: although Halen is very small as it is (3-6month in most clothes, only just started to go into some 6-9 but their massive)
He only mainly wears vests and babygrows anyway, sometimes he's in outfits and the jeans tend to be a but snug round the nappy but not very

Freya wears jeans most of the time, either that or dungarees. Think she would be in a smaller size but she seems to have a long body, lol. I just bought normal jeans from ASDA I think, they fit really well in 6-9 month, with plenty of room for growing :)

I was just wondering this today as my mother and I struggled to get a 9 month size pair of pants over my 4 month old. I know he's a big boy, but this is ridiculous. I didn't realize switching to cloth would make such a *big* difference.

Freya wears jeans most of the time, either that or dungarees. Think she would be in a smaller size but she seems to have a long body, lol. I just bought normal jeans from ASDA I think, they fit really well in 6-9 month, with plenty of room for growing :)

yeah we're the same here too :)

UGH! This is an issue with us too. I use extenders for her onesies (vests?), though I find going into the next size also helps. Pants suck, generally, unless they are the track-pants kind. I find some brands better than others. Walmart's George brand are the most narrow, Gymboree is also narrow (I am using 12-18 month jean capris as normal jeans with my almost 8 month old dd). Baby Gap/old navy tends to fit well. Carter's sleepers are good for us too. Miss M is short and small though, with wide-ish hips to begin with.
Good luck, and let me know if you know of any other good brands!

:)
A

I got Leyla some trousers from Nappies By Minki, https://www.minkinappies.co.uk/index.php?cPath=55&osCsid=edfc2d933692827d3602a1b38c7ea27a - they're really nice and fit perfectly.

... let me know if you know of any other good brands!

:)
A

The lady at my local fluff shop suggested Roots clothing as it's bigger too :) Too bad their stuff is so expensive!

leyla wears 6-9months in tops but she is in 12-18months pants because of her nappies lol, im a bit gutted cos i can never buy a set ever again lol, but its ok, she wears jeans, dungarees, trackies, anything, i just make sure i get them a lot bigger haha

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->