Finger Food Recipes Here!

J

Jelly_Tot

As Promised I Am Starting A Thread Containing Finger Food Recipes!

The Book I Am Copying From Is Annabel Karmel And It Is Fantastic!

There Is 100 Recipes In Total And The Sections Are..

Breakfast Bites
Versatile Veg
Fun Fish
Finger-Licking Chicken
Meaty Mouthfuls
Simply Snacks
Sweet Treats

So as you see there is something for everyone!

I will start with the Breakfast Bites & Work my way through!

Hope this helps alot of people!

Enjoy!

:flower:

BREAKFAST BURRITO
PREPERATION: 5 MINS
COOKING: 5 MINS
MAKES 1 PORTION
NOT SUITABLE FOR FREEZING OR REHEATING

Ingredients
1 Egg
1tbsp Milk Or Cream
A Knob Of Butter
1 Flour Tortilla
1Tbsp Mild Salsa Or 1/2 Tomato Seeded & Diced
15g Grated Cheddar

Whisk the egg and milk/cream together in a small bowl. Melt the butter in a small pan and add the egg mixture. Cook gently, Stirring until the eggs are softly scrambled.
Warm the tortilla for 10-15 seconds in a microwave or for 1 minute in a dry frying pan.
Spoon the scrambled egg down the centre of the tortilla and then add the salsa/tomato and cheese.
Fold top and bottom of the wrap inwards then roll the wrap up from the left hand side so that the filling is completely enclosed.

SOFT-BOILED EGGS WITH 'ITALIAN SOLDIERS'
COOK: 4 MINS
MAKES 1 PORTION

Ingredients
1 Egg
2 Breadsticks
2 Slices Prosciutto Or Parma Ham

Put large pan of water on a high heat and bring to the boil then reduce the heat slightly to a brisk simmer. Gently lower the egg using a spoon and cook the egg for 4 minutes (for a runny yolk and a set white)

Meanwhile break the breadsticks in half and cut the slices of ham in half legnthways. Wrap one of the pieces of ham around one of the breadstick halfs, Starting at the broken or cut end, and wrap twisting downwards and slightly overlapping so that around two-thirds of the breadstick is wrapped in ham.

Press the ham firmly on itself to seal. Repeat so that you have four 'Italian Soldiers'.
Transfer the egg to an egg cup and cut off the top. Dip the 'Italian Soldiers' in the egg yolk and enjoy!

WELSH RABBITS
COOK: 7 MINS
MAKES 1 PORTION
NOT SUITABLE FOR FREEZING OR REHEATING

Ingredients
1 Muffin
45g Grated Cheddar
1 Egg Yolk
1 Tbsp Cream Or Milk
2-3 Drops Worcestershire Sauce
Thin Slices Of Carrot
1 Black Olive (Stoned & Halved)
Peas
2 Pea Pods
Few Fresh Chives To Garnish

Pre-heat the grill to high,Split the muffin and cook the the 2 pieces under the grill around 7-8cms away from the heat source (or one rack down from normal grilling position)

Put the cheese, Egg, Cream/Milk and Worcestershire sauce into a bowl and mash together. Spread the cheese mixture over the cut sides of the toasted muffins, Spreading right to the edges.

Grill for 3-4 mins, until the cheese has melted and is golden and bubbling. Decorate the cooked muffins with the peas for eyes and strips of carrot, Half an olive for the nose and chives for whiskers & the pea pods for the ears.

FRENCH TOAST FINGERS
PREPERATION: 7 MINUTES
COOK: 6 MINUTES
MAKES 1-2 PORTIONS
NOT SUITABLE FOR FREZZING OR REHEATING

Ingredients
2 Slices Of White Bread
1 Tbsp Strawberry/Rasberry Jam
1 Tbsp Reduced-Fat Soft Cheese
1 Egg
1 Tbsp Cream Or Milk
1/2 Tbsp Caster Sugar
2 Drops Vanilla Ectract
10g Butter For Frying

Roll the bread with a rolling pin until about half it's origonal thickness and spread one slice with the jam. Spread the second slice with cream cheese (If using) and sandwich together. Trim off the crusts If you like.

Beat the egg, cream/milk, Sugar and vanilla together in a shallow dish. Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium hear. Dip the jam sandwich into the egg mixture and turn over the coat. Put the sandwich into the pan and fry for 2-3 mins until the underside is golden flip over and cook for the same on the other side.

Transfer too a plate and cut into fingers allow to cool slightly and CHECK THE TEMPERATURE before serving be careful as the jam can become VERY HOT.

MINI BANANA BRAN MUFFINS
PREPERATION: 10 MINS
COOK: 12 MINS
MAKES 24 MUFFINS
NOT SUITABLE FOR REHEATING
SUITABLE FOR FREEZING

Ingredients
50g Bran Flakes
75ml Warn Milk
1 Medium Banana, Mashed
1 Egg Yolk
50ml Sunflower Oil
50g Raisins
60g Soft Light Brown Sugar
60g Wholemeal Plain Flour
1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger

Pre-heat the oven to 180c/gas 4
Line two 12-hole mini muffin tins with 24 paper cases
Mix together the bran flakes, milk and banana, and leave for 5 mins.Transfer to a food processor with the egg yolk, oil, raisins and sugar.
Whiz for a minute to combine. Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, Cinnamon and ginger and pulse to combine.
Spoon into the cases and bake for 12-14 mins until risen and firm to touch.
Remove fromt he over and allow to cool for 5 mins then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely

For Freezing: FREEZE IN A RESEALABLE BOX OR FREEZER BAG. DEFROST FOR AROUND 30 MINS AT ROOM TEMPERATURE.

EGGY BREAD WITH CARAMILSED BANANAS
PREPERATION: 12 MINS
COOK: 10 MINS
MAKES 2 PORTIONS
NOT SUITABLE FOR REHEATING OR FREEZING

Ingredients
50ml Double Cream
50ml Milk
2 Eggs
2-3 Drops Vanilla Extract
1 Thick Slice White Bread
Nob Of Butter For Frying
Caster Sugar To Sprinkle

FOR THE CARAMILISED BANANAS
10g Butter
10g Caster Sugar
2 Bananans Peeled And Cut Into Thick Slices On The Angle

Mix together the cream, milk, eggs and vanilla. Cut the bread into triangles or fingers and put in a small flat dish. Pour the egg mixture on top and leave to soak for 5 mins turning over halfway.
Heat the nob of butter in a frying pan and allow to melt. Put the bread in the pan and fry gently over a low heat for about 5 mins on each side or until lightly golden.
Fry the bananas, Melt the butter in a small frying pan. Add the sugar. Add the banas and fry gently until caramilsed.
Cool the bananas slightly before serving as the caramilsed sugar can get very hot. Serve the eggy bread with the bananas and sprinkle with a little caster sugar.

Thanks these are great although I have no idea how I am going to have time to make things like this!

Thanks these are great although I have no idea how I am going to have time to make things like this!

There is a simple snack s section too which i think a just preperation i will do that section tomorrow :hugs:

These are great! Do they have an age they are recommended for as I don't think babies can have runny egg. Thanks

These are great! Do they have an age they are recommended for as I don't think babies can have runny egg. Thanks

The book says 6+ but i myself wouldn't give the runny egg ones too kids under 1 x

Fantastic thread! I'm planning on BLW Max starting in December so will be keeping an eye on suggestions on this thread.

Thanks very much!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"