Finger foods

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
Hey,

Trying to get my LO to eat savory foods but she wont have any of it. She'll eat any fruit offered to her but she retches if it is savory.

I was just wondering, what Finger Foods can I offer. She might take to it better if she can feed it herself.

Thanks

xxx

I give Grace rusks and carrot sticks (but she only chews on them because she has no teeth yet!)

Carrots... do I cook them 1st with them being so hard? She has teeth but i'm worried about her choking!

xx

I use the nibbler for hard foods but still cook them a tad so there softer

https://my1.bizshop.com.au/babyroad/images/nuby nibbler.jpg

Much better if your worried about choking

I used to worry so much about Sam choking with veg etc at first. I know they're more expensive but just to start her off the Organix finger foods are great - especially the carrot sticks! They're easy to hold and they go soft in the mouth (they're like giant wotsits) so you don't need to worry about choking so much. And they'll make her nose nice and orange :rofl: x

I used to worry so much about Sam choking with veg etc at first. I know they're more expensive but just to start her off the Organix finger foods are great - especially the carrot sticks! They're easy to hold and they go soft in the mouth (they're like giant wotsits) so you don't need to worry about choking so much. And they'll make her nose nice and orange :rofl: x

Thanks i'll get some when i'm next at the super market!

xxx

PS. where have you been!? Haven't seen you around in a while
x

Thanks i'll get some when i'm next at the super market!

xxx

PS. where have you been!? Haven't seen you around in a while
x

I went to Disneyland in Paris the first weekend of December but apart from that I've just been too busy chasing Sam around the house to sit down for more than 2 minutes at a time :rofl:

Will be on more once I've finished shopping/writing cards/wrapping presents - really thought I'd be more organised this year :laugh2: x

Ella has carrots , toast , bread with a little bit of butter , cut up babyblell , basically anything aslong as its chewable and not too hard.

Divante has organix rice cakes and organix carrot sticks xx

Cheese, sandwiches, big florets of broccoli & cauliflower, chopped boiled egg

When Dyl is ill he'll pretty much only eat finger food at lunchtime so he's tried a few things now...

Raw carrot, and cooked carrot (just sucked it raw and gagged on it cooked :dohh: )
Toast and butter
Toast and philly cheese
Pitta bread fingers with Philly cheese in/on
Pizza crusts when we've been out
Organix carrot, tomato, and sweetcorn "puffs"
Cooked brocolli
Boiled baby potatoes (skinned)
Rusks
Moon biscuits
Cooked adult pasta twists

When Dyl is ill he'll pretty much only eat finger food at lunchtime so he's tried a few things now...

Raw carrot, and cooked carrot (just sucked it raw and gagged on it cooked :dohh: )
Toast and butter
Toast and philly cheese
Pitta bread fingers with Philly cheese in/on
Pizza crusts when we've been out
Organix carrot, tomato, and sweetcorn "puffs"
Cooked brocolli
Boiled baby potatoes (skinned)
Rusks
Moon biscuits
Cooked adult pasta twists

I was eating pizza the other night and Sam grabbed the crust with both hands and stuck it straight in his mouth! He's strong too...couldn't get it back!! :rofl: x

I was going to say the organix carrot sticks like sams mum, Jack used to love them! they are quite sweet and very soft aswell x

I have developed a serious wotsit addiction since giving him the carrot sticks though - you might want to stock up on some :rofl: x

yeh summer loves those carrot sticks, and all the other organix finger food. im scared to giver her cooked carrot and stuff incase she will choke, sometimes she gets the whole stick and shoves it in her mouth lol.

i bought some of the organix finger food from asda the other day and charlie loves them i really reccomend them the carrot sticks are great not what i expected though there like big wotsits he loves them , ive also been giving him marmite on toast xx

i recomend the organix ranges of finger foods. You can buy multi pack in most supermarkets. DS used to love the cheese biccys they did(but for some reason no lnger do). But things such as veg/fruit sticks(with a dip. Messey but they love it), toast things like that!

I was eating pizza the other night and Sam grabbed the crust with both hands and stuck it straight in his mouth! He's strong too...couldn't get it back!!

Jack always has a pizza crust if we order Dominos, he sits there & sucks it mostly, but it makes him feel like he is having the same as us:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->