First AF After MC - TMI Alert

Miss_C

Reaction score
Ladies I got AF yesterday - woo hoo!!! So odd that I have been wanting her to arrive really really weird to be happy that she is here

Anywhoo

She is very very very different to normal - *TMI* the bleeding is really bright red and thin, a tampon can't contain it and I am having to wear pads. Soaked the bed last night, woke up drenched ewwwwwwwww. Not pleasant at all.

Is the first AF normally like this?

oh wow... good news that you got it.. not sure what to expect myself.. I think "Anything" is normal honestly!

So glad she finally came, everyones first AF is different. If you need to change a pad every hour then give your doc a call just to get things checked out to make sure your not loosing too much blood. Keep us updated :hugs:

My first AF was heavier and I needed more pads - it's your bodies way of naturally cleaning out after a miscarriage.

If you are soaking a pad every hour though you need to get it checked.

Hope all is well

Hi,
I just finished my first af after m/c and it was much more blood-like than normal. Much redder and I also had much more than normal (I was changing a pad every couple of hours and that's not like me at all!) I was quite worried that I might have injured things in some way - but decided to give it a few days to see if it settled by itself and it did in the end.
I think its the bodies way of flushing the system maybe - I certainly know that my temps last month were much higher than normal so I don't think my hormones were quite back to normal yet.

They seem to have settled down a bit now.
I hope it all goes ok for you too!

Sounds like a normal AF after MC to me. Like the others have said, so long as you're not needing to change a pad every hour then it should be ok and it will settle down. Everyone experiences different loses but the danger is when you lose too much too quickly. Just rest up and let your body recover and if it gets to the stage of needing to change every hour then call up EPU and get seen to asap.

Ladies I got AF yesterday - woo hoo!!! So odd that I have been wanting her to arrive really really weird to be happy that she is here

Anywhoo

She is very very very different to normal - *TMI* the bleeding is really bright red and thin, a tampon can't contain it and I am having to wear pads. Soaked the bed last night, woke up drenched ewwwwwwwww. Not pleasant at all.

Is the first AF normally like this?

Miss_C- we are almost right on ket with each other... I had my first AF since D/C /MC today. It is slow coming spotting so far with HORRIBLE cramps. hoping it comes on a little quicker and goes away fast.
Not sure if I shoudl call today as Day 1 yet???

Ok for 2 days it was HORRID, brought back all the miscarriage memories and was not good to put it mildly. Today much much better, almost like the witch wanted to get in and out quickly so worked extra hard to finish early for the day!!

mememe I had spotting for about 3 days and increasing cramps so I was pretty sure she was coming. Hope she comes soon and is not as nasty as she was to me!!!

Phoneix (my frind just called ner new baby girl Phienix!!) yes my af was exactly as you described.

Thank heavens for forums like this and lasies such as yourselves that are willing to share amd participate, you simply can't have these chats IRL can you!!

Thank you

I had a mmc and medical management 28th Jan and was still spotting because of retained products but my AF started a few days ago and I had a lot more bleeding than normal...so relieved to see her arrive tho! I have noticed today the bleeding is calming down slightly so hopefully all will be done soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->