First and Middle name combos for a baby boy

RandaPanda

Reaction score
Hey!

DH and I are into fairly classic names, and have a few great girl names picked out, but are stuck on boys names. Can you ladies give me your opinion on mixing and matching these names?

First names:
William (Will)
Samuel (Sam)
Maxwell (Max)

Middle names:
*all are family names, except Erik*
James
Alexander
Rockwell
Erik

Last name is MacDougall.

I think Samuel alexander would be nice. I think maxwell MacDougall is a bit of a tongue twister but still lovely and william macdougall sounds pretty old fashioned but thats just my opinion, all are lovely. My little boy is Kameron Thomas x

I agree about Maxwell not going nicely with our last name. I just really love the name Max, and thought I need a long form of it officially...but maybe not :)

Max MacDougall does sound better than maxwell. Some people wait till they are here. We didn't though we had kameron from the start we wanted a good proper Scottish name so he's called Kameron Thomas Robb. Wait to see if u have a boy and then choose when he see his little face x

William Rockwell is cool :)
I love Maxwell (my reserve boys name), but agree it's not great with your surname, however Max on its own sounds ok with your surname. Samuel James is also lovely x

Max MacDougall sounds like a really good name! He could get Max Mac from his friends lol. I think it's great actually!

William and Samuel are both lovely, though for me they'd always be William and Samuel instead of the shortened versions as I dislike those. Not sure about Maxwell with your surname. Middle name wise I like James and Alexander, with Alexander being my favourite, and the one that goes best with the other names IMO. Dislike the other two. You could also use both middle names as they go well together.

William Alexander (James) or Alexander William would be what I'd go for.

I like classic names (we have a DS called George) and would go for

William James
Or
William Alexander

If we didn't have a George we would have a William! ;)

Thanks, ladies!
William has always been the one at the top of my list, because it's my grandpa's name and we're really close. We probably would shorten it to Will in conversation most of the time because DH really likes that. I was originally going to use Willem because that's my grandpas real name (Dutch) but when he came over to Canada, he started going by William/Bill instead (I don't like Bill though!)

I also forgot to add the name Charles (Charlie) in my original post. Thoughts?

I'm guessing for those of you in the UK, some of these names have strong royal associations so that might affect your opinion in one way or the other more than someone from another area :)

I like Charlie the best - Charles James (CJ makes nice initials)

Also love the name Sam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->