First Christmas as a single parent family. Anyone else?

Mummy May

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
As the title says really, first Christmas as a single parent family. My babies are staying home Christmas Eve then going to their Dads after Christmas dinner. I wanna make it as special as poss for them both. I'm dreading when they leave though, I feel like I might crack then.

Xx

Me too. Mine are off to their Dad's after Christmas dinner. (Or at least I think that's the plan, it depends on his work). Not looking forward to it, but I will make the most of the morning with them.

Mine too! Ive been single for over two years but the girls dad has come here on Christmas eve until boxing day previously (no public transport on xmas day and he doesnt drive) It is not happening this year as I hate it so much, his presence makes me miserable and angry and yeah...

No idea what is happening yet. Since he doesn't drive and his whole family will be drinking, he will probably get them on boxing day at some point. I would happily have him collect them after dinner if he was able.

We have also bought separate presents, so it will be like santa has been to two houses for them.

I've been single for christmas for the past 6 years with lo. Well one year i wasnt but he went to my mams and i went to mine (isn't morgans dad and harvey wasnt here at the time)
Thankfully he never asks for him xmas eve and oldest doesnt see his dad so tbh i prefer it, just the three of us making our own traditions.
We dont have a set routine for when he goes, some years they (Dad and grandparents) have him after lunch on xmas day, sometimes they just pick him up boxing day. Last year he had a new gf who drove so they picked him up for an hour while i got ready to go to my mams for dinner but they have now split up soo that wont be happening this year unless his parents want to collect him and take him over there.

My first year separated too... My 3 boys will be spending xmas eve with me thank God as ex husband doesn't like the whole santa thing and therefore doesn't make a fuss. At least with me they get a xmas eve box and we can watch the ISS/sleigh pass overhead and make reindeer food and stuff. They're going to him at 2pm christmas day and staying there for boxing day.

It's my second year as a single parent but last year they stayed with me all day as he was working so he just came to watch them open presents. my ex is coming to take them for Christmas dinner with his family this year I think .

It's not my first Christmas as a single parent but it's my first Christmas where it'll be just my daughter and me. My mum passed away 5 months ago. I'm dreading it and the thought makes me cry every time but I want to stay at home to be close to my mum (she lived with us) so I'll put my big girl pants on and make it special for Pixie. She's never met her dad so at least I don't need to give her up at all.

It's not my first Christmas as a single parent but it's my first Christmas where it'll be just my daughter and me. My mum passed away 5 months ago. I'm dreading it and the thought makes me cry every time but I want to stay at home to be close to my mum (she lived with us) so I'll put my big girl pants on and make it special for Pixie. She's never met her dad so at least I don't need to give her up at all.

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Lots of love Hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->