first cycle of IVF

roxane1986

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am completly new to this, I need suggestions to help me try to go thru this. Me and my husband have been ttc for 4 yrs now. We had a blighted ovum (anembrionic gestation) 3 yrs ago. We did all the fertility test at the Ottawa fertility clinic and found out my husband was a little low in sperm count, a little low in motility and he is 1.5% normal heads. So the dr. suggested we go for in vitro since we don;t have alot of chances to get pregnant on our own. I started my puregon injections last tuesday so 7 days ago and I'm on my cd9. 2 days ago when I went for my ultrasound the dr. told me my follicles were growing really fast but to continue my same dose. I went this morning and they told me I have 12 follicles 9-10 of them will be good for the egg retreival. They said they would probably trigger me tomorrow. I am going again tomorrow morning. Is 9-10 follicles enough? They said they were at 16-17mm. Is it looking good?!
I tought I had seen that a women average would produce 24 to 30 follicles. Did I missread that or am I a little low?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->