first fertility apointment

Lisa1

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I am sure you have been asked and answered this question a million times, but I just wondered what happens at a typical first fertility appointment?

I am having mine in 3 months I had my CD3 and CD21 bloods and both fine OH is having his sperm checked next week (privately) so obviously she will go over them.

What is the next step? lap and dye test? what is that? also a scan maybe why scan me?

When I was at the docotrs I was getting my results from cd3 and cd21 so was soo nervous taht when she said she would refer me I never asked her what the next step would be doh..:wacko:

Hi Lisa

My first appointment was pretty uneventful really..it was a booking in appointment more than anything. She went through all my details and medical history and that of my OH. Explained what procedures wud be best for me etc and gave me a lot of pamphlets and info.

I had already had my 21 day bloods done but my GP did the 3 day one on wrong day so the clinic redid them. I then had an HSG which is a test to see if ur tubes are clear..i assume a lap and dye is similar but not sure. OH had his SA done and all our results so far have come out fine..waiting on the next step now

Thanks serendippy x

if you don't mind what did the hsg involve? What is your next step? I've been ttc for a year now.

I hope it happens soon for you huni xx

Sorry for not getting back to u earlier x

My HSG was basically a balloon being inflated in my uterus and inserting a probe with a camera on it, and then dye was added. They then track the dye goin thru ur tubes to make sure they are clear. They had trouble seeing mine on the monitor so i got pumped with dye twice lol. Eventually they cud see it coming out of the ends altho they cudnt track the whole tube, but they saw enuff to know it was ok.

I wud imagine that will be one of the things u will have to go thru..mine wasnt very pleasant but apparently u are mega fertile for about 3 months afterwards so its worth it. I got a BFP on my second cycle after the HSG but sadly it was a chemical.

My next step is clomid by the looks of it according to my nurse..she wanted to discuss it with my FS first and then let me know, im still waiting to find out.

Weve been trying for just over a year as well...good luck hunny and hope u get ur BFP soon xxxx

What is the next step? lap and dye test? what is that? also a scan maybe why scan me?

Hi, I had a scan at my first private fertility appointment (NHS Dr was useless) which enabled the consultant to carry out an "antral follicle count". This counts the number of small eggs visible at the start of your menstrual cycle and is used as a predictor of ovarian reserve. My blood tests were more or less ok but I had a low antral follicle count, which suggested a diminished ovarian reserve. I then had three months of clomid, a lap and dye and three more months of clomid... then fell pregnant naturally the month after!

Good luck with everything and try not to panic if you get any unexpected results - it all helps you to move forward in the long run x

my first appointment I saw a nurse who asked lots of questions - we'd already had DH sperm tested and she went through the results and I'd had my CD21 tests.

Next appointment we saw the consultant and she just asked questions and then recommended a HSG - had HSG which was really cool and interesting and then went back for next appointment where I got clomid, unbenowns to me at that time I was bfp (straight after HSG) but it was a mmc at 12 weeks (poor bean stopped at 6 weeks though) so now I'm back TTC on the clomid.

we went to our first appointment in Feb this year if that helps as a timeline?

fingers crossed for you

:flower:

Thanks girls that is really helpful and encouraging:)

I am looking forward to my first appointment now: is it just me or do all girls think they won't concieve even though it should be the most natural thing in the world?

I have always had this feeling that I would never get pregnant:( was everyone the same?

yes I always assumed I would adopt a bunch of kids even from being a child myself - wierd isnt it! Glad its not just me :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->