First foods - early weaning - mixing foods? Advice please

charlie00134

Reaction score
My daughter is weaning at 21 weeks, this is with full support and advice from the health visitors and doctor. Please note comments against weaning at this stage.

She's had carrots and is having sweet potato next. I've read that foods should be introduced alone but after she's had 3 days of sweet potato can I mix carrots in some of the other days?

Thanks

I don't see why not, just a little here and there and it should be fine. A bit of pear puree too I'm sure would be ok, eventually you will be mixing but as she's still quite little (not judging btw, I was weaned even earlier due to medical reasons), I'd stick to a slow approach and with veggies first, soft and easy to digest on the gut.

This book is really good for explaining things etc, I'd recommend it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-And-Child-Vegetarian-Recipes/dp/0091853001

My hv said she doesn't even recommend introducing food separately anymore she doesn't advise against it just doesn't think it's needed but I know a few hv that do recommend it, yeah I think as long as you've established she likes both you can mix them I think the only reason they tell you to try food separately is so you know what they do and don't like,

Waiting until 6 months until weaning is all good and well in theory but it's not always realistic! Enjoy it it's messy but so much fun :) x

I was told by HV that unless you have a history of allergies you don't need to follow the 3 day rule, but at the beginning you should give food separately so they get used to and like individual flavours. So they could have Carrot at lunch, parsnip at tea, or alternate days. Once they are used to each flavour then start mixing

That's great, thank you everyone.
Sweet potato and carrot for tea it is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->