First High Risk Appointment Tomorrow

hopeful2797

Reaction score
I'm so nervous! My last pregnancy ended at 21 weeks due to an incompetent cervix, so this go around I am considered high risk. Tomorrow is my first visit to the high risk doctor and I am so scared about what is going to happen there!

Hopefully none or not many of you ladies have any experience there, I just had to go somewhere to vent my fears!:wacko:

If it helps, a friend of mine with an incompetent cervix recently had her baby - 2 weeks late. She was on bed rest from weeks 24 - 36. Once she was 36 it was safe to deliver so she was able to resume normal activities. It was difficult but it worked. We cooked her dinners, helped with laundry etc. Her husband of course was there too but they both needed help. So, if this happens, know that your friends want to help you. You just need to ask.

Thanks so much for the reply. It's always nice to hear success stories of people with IC since there are so many negative ones. Yes, I have a really great group of friends and family who I know will help as much as needed and is possible! :thumbup:

I have a friend that lost her first for the same reason - gave birth at six months and her baby boy lived a few weeks :( HOWEVER! She has gone on to have two very healthy babies - a boy and a girl. Its good you are under care and they are taking it seriously. It should work out this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->