First injectables cycle - can anyone explain the timing for IUI?

missarcasm

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've just finished 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles and have moved on to injectables (Gonal F with Ovidrel trigger). I've heard this might be better for someone my age (38) - especially because we got pregnant twice before naturally, though neither one stuck.

My husband and I are just wondering how the timing of our IUI will compare to the timeframe of the IUIs we did on Clomid. On Clomid, my follicles matured after about 12-13 days, and our IUIs were on days 13, 14, and 15.

I started taking 187.5 of the Gonal F every night for 5 nights, starting cd 2, and then I will have an ultrasound to monitor the morning of cd7.

Does anyone know - generally - when we can expect to trigger and ovulate on this medication?

Thanks!

Hi there

My clomid cycle last month I ovulated on day 15 (i.e. when I would normally). That IUI didn't work last so this month we have done gonal F injections every other day from day 2 (I did 4 injections in total). Went to my consultant Monday past and I have 3 follicles developing (with a forth one a bit smaller). Went in for another scan this morning and 3 fat follicles are around 18 now and the 4th one at 13 (if it gets to 15 then they would count that as another follicle and this cycle would have to be cancelled due to multiples risk). Given that three were ready to go and the issue over the fourth, we opted to do the trigger injection at 2.30pm today (called Ovitrelle in the UK) with a view to doing the IUI tomorrow afternoon. So effectively I have had the trigger shot 3 days earlier than the last clomid-based IUI. Hope this helps and good luck!

PS one other thing, I'm also 36 and we opted to do the gonal F as my lining is already super thin (although it just measured at 6.3 today which is the highest I've ever got to so fingers crossed it's a bit thicker again tomorrow as my consultant feels that the minimum is 7): given your previous MC, maybe the gonal F will help with the lining? I've also been doing baby aspirin every day so maybe that's something else to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->