First Midwife appointment!?

Peanut112

Reaction score
First ever midwife appointment tomorrow!! :happydance: They're REALLY hard to come across here in Canada. I'm not sure what to expect! Kind of nervous lol. My OH that usually comes with me to "scary" things (I have major anxiety :dohh: ) is working 12 hour night shifts so he'll probably be asleep..

Nothing to be nervous about! Of course my experience is from here but I am sure they'll be similar. You'll most likely get a sonogram but if not they'll let you listen to the heartbeat. They'll check weight, growth, vitals, family history if they haven't, perhaps blood work, ect. They are going to make sure you and lo are where you need to be. Hopefully your partner can make it and you can both share the experience. Congratulations!

Thank you! It was AWESOME. I loved every minute of it… love my midwife. Not stressful at all, if anything it's LESS stress than a regular doc/obgyn visit.

IL glad you had a great first appt! When I first met with my midwife it was so much more calm, and natural. I always feel awkward meeting with my OBs. My midwife left both DH and I saying this is things sound be. Such a great feeling! Unfortunately I won't be seeing my midwife for another 8 weeks. We agreed to start seeing her at 32 weeks to save some money, I can't wait to go back though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->