first passports?

DippyTink

Mummy to twin boyos !!
Reaction score
Hi - anybody applied for their children's first passport recently?
just wondering how long it took to get here ?

my OH's parents live in Spain and his mum isn't too well - she has cancer but the chemo isn't working anymore. We have 2 year old twins and they want us to visit asap.

thanks in advance x

Thanks - going to get the photos done and paperwork filled in asap - just hope we make it in time

If you are near any passport offices if you contact them you may be able to get an appointment sooner than waiting for normal issuing?

Will have a google - think the nearest is Liverpool which is doable i guess !

Just sent my daughters off, expect it in about 3 weeks

Ours took 2 weeks and that was applying from France :) in the UK make sure you take it to the post office for the "checking", you shouldn't have any issues that way with paperwork etc... Also make sure you take a copy of the application before you send it as you can than keep an eye in the progress with the bar code number from the top of the first page. You could also try applying for an emergency travel document for them, you can't use the appointment system for a child's first passport unfortunately. Here's the links to the passport service part of the YOuGov website which might be able to help.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-child-passport

When we got dd2 passport we needed it in a hurry so I rang and spoke to the passport office and they said if you. Need a childs first passprt in a hurry the best thing to do is book an appointment and go to an office. The passport is guaranteed within 7 days. We usually use the check and send service and I have found it pretty good. The pp office also said winter is a really busy time for them, worse than the summer months because everyone gets fed up of the weather.

We went to the passport office on the Saturday and had the passport the following Thursday.

If you use the check and send service, around £6 it's about a 2 week turn around.

We did the check and send and got the passport in just over a week. They did tell us at the Post Office it would take 5 weeks. I guess it depends on the time of year that you apply.

I sent my DD1s renewal and DD2s first application off on Feb 10th, they received it on Feb 12th - we got a text saying they had it. DD1s came Feb 25th (15days) and DD2s came Feb 26th (16days). HTH x

Edit to say we used the check and send which was an extra £8.75 per passport.
If you were in a hurry you could make an appointment at your nearest passport office and then you should receive the passport within 7 days x

Just done ours. Mine was a renewal and change of name (to married name) and a first passport for my son. Posted by special delivery on 14th Feb and back with us on 27th February. Not quite two weeks.

We didn't bother with the check and send service but I believe these do seem to get processed quicker.

Good luck, hope you make it.

Joy x

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have almost finished filling in the forms - just need to put in the grandparents details. Going to get the photos done tomorrow but unfortunately one of my twins has come out in the worst case of chicken pox I've ever seen !! He's going to look great on his photo !!

My LOs first passport took two weeks. It varies though. I agree with others try and get an appointment x

Just received my daughters I did the post office check and send and they came bk in 2 1/2 weeks

Does it come back quicker if you do check and send? X

Got my daughters the other day, took 4 & 1/2 weeks. They also wrote to my friend (the counter signer) to check the form was legitimate :S
also i got the post office woman to check it & paid extra

Sent my daughters on the 20th of Feb, and just received it on 5th March so 1week 6 days. Recieved her birth certificate back on the 6th so 2 weeks as I paid for that to be sent back recorded.

I did check and send at post office for application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->