First period after birth. Was yours very heavy too?

Aliza2010

Reaction score
Hi ladies.
I think my periods just returned 5.5 weeks after c sec. Only thing is I'm worried as its very very heavy. Today is the 3rd day and it's still heavy and bright red. When I get up in the morning it pours out of me like water. I know it's probably cos it's collected overnight but still thought I should ask.
I called nhs direct yesterday and she said its probably just a heavy period but to keep an eye on it. Any advise please. I'm very worried.

Hi,

I didn't have a section and my first period wasn't until 7.5 months pp and it was awful! So heavy and painful, just like you described, lots
Of bright red blood....i was wearing a towel and a tampon and having to change both every couple of hours. It was really heavy for maybe 3-4 days but lasted over a week.

Hope it slows for u soon xx

I bled at 5 weeks post c section and it was a late post partum hemorrhage due to retained products (apparently not uncommon even with a caesar). If you are flooding sanitary pads you should see a doc ASAP.

I bled at 5 weeks post c section and it was a late post partum hemorrhage due to retained products (apparently not uncommon even with a caesar). If you are flooding sanitary pads you should see a doc ASAP.

I went to see my gp and she said keep an eye on it but she thinks it's probably my period returning. It has slowed again today. The doc had a feel of my uterus and it's totally back to normal and I have no fever and pain which you would expect with an infection or rpoc. Did you have any other symptoms other than the bleeding. I haven't passed any clots either?? Also did your bleeding slow down or was it continuous?

I went to see my gp and she said keep an eye on it but she thinks it's probably my period returning. It has slowed again today. The doc had a feel of my uterus and it's totally back to normal and I have no fever and pain which you would expect with an infection or rpoc. Did you have any other symptoms other than the bleeding. I haven't passed any clots either?? Also did your bleeding slow down or was it continuous?

My uterus was 18/40 at 5 weeks PP, which was enlarged, no fever. I didn't pass clots until the hemorrhage then passed heaps until my surgery. My midwife didn't spot any issues before the hemorrhage but if your doc has given you the all clear then I'm sure you're fine :)

My uterus was 18/40 at 5 weeks PP, which was enlarged, no fever. I didn't pass clots until the hemorrhage then passed heaps until my surgery. My midwife didn't spot any issues before the hemorrhage but if your doc has given you the all clear then I'm sure you're fine :)

Thanks for the reply hun. Yeah my uterus contracted back very quickly and apparently when there's rpoc it doesn't. Also my bleeding has stopped again now but I'm still not convinced it was my period. It was heavy but only lasted 2.5 days and my typical periods last 7-9 days.
But I'm thinking if it was an infection or rpoc it wouldn't have slowed down and stopped either.
My doc said she thought it was a period but not sure and to keep an eye on it. It's the keep an eye on it bit that worries me :(

*TMI*

I got mine at around 5 weeks after C-section too. It was the heaviest I've ever had and I was worried at first but by day 3 it was like a normal period, then day 4 & 5 were just orange/brown dischrage. I even had a clot (jelly-like) but it was big enough to fret over. It lasted 5 days.

Heavy is an understatement! It sure made up for the 9 months of not having one lol. Second one was bad too, but slightly better. Hope the third is better.

Are you experiencing Af cramping too? I'm a little worried about having another post partum haemorrhage as i had one just after labour due to a retained placenta. Now i'm worried they didn't get it all but then again, this cramping to me feels like my af.. and i'm only 6 weeks pp and breastfeeding exclusively. It feels too early for me to be getting my period but i guess it is possible from what i've read.

yes just had mine and it was very heavy and like you say I could feel it coming out of me - but it only lasted 4 days or so and then finished - I think it's prob quite normal but as NHS direct say keep an eye on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->