First period since delivery....worried

pixxi

Mama of two boycubs
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post and sorry for tmi...

I gave birth in Feb last year and I just had my first period which started on 12th July (so 18 months later....I have PCOS so was expecting a long wait). It lasted just over a week and then tapered off like any other period, but then a few days later I had brown spotting. This lasted about a week and finally seemed to have gone a couple of days ago, but this morning yet again there is some pinky discharge....I'm worried. Is this normal for a first period post-birth? I've now been either bleeding or spotting almost constantly for almost 3 weeks :nope: I think I'm going to go to the Doc's next week anyway but was just curious to know other people's experiences

Thanks! :flower:

Yes I had lots of random spotting my first two cycles. It was so annoying! I went to gyno and they did external and internal ultrasounds an exam and pap. All normal. No answers. It did stop though. I guess it's our bodies figuring everything out and getting back on track. At least you had 18 months lol. I finally stopped pp bleeding at 8 weeks and started first period at 15.5 weeks! Also I would bleed every time we had sex for a while but that stopped too around the same time as spotting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->