first post in here! books for little boys

isil

Reaction score
Hiya,

My son is loving books like the Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs series at the moment . And I feel like he's liking things that are more little boy-ish than toddler-ish! He likes things bodily fluid based and silly. He loves pirates, dinosaurs, dragons, knights, cars etc!

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

My daughter likes dragon and monster books - "Sir Laughalot" (Tony Mitton/Sarah Warburton) reads well, there's a series of books called "Charlie Stinky socks and..." (Kristina Stephenson) they're really good and quite long, "Pirate Pete's Potty" (Andrea Pinnington) is good for potty training though I expect you've already been through that, and my LO also really liked "The Troll" (Julia Donaldson/David Roberts).

HTH :D

thank you! I woke up in the night worrying about the fact that i'd said 'little boys' what I obviously meant was those silly stereotypical things that boys are supposed to like!

I will definitely order some of those :)

What about the Magic Treehouse series? those are great.

Have you looked at harry and his bucketful of dinosaurs??? x

I'll look both of those up - thank you :flower:

Your son is roughly the same age as my son and has the same interests. Some of my sons favourite books are -

shark in the park, shark in the dark and how to catch a star (which are quite short stories but good for letter recognition etc), the selfish crocodile, dinosaurs love underpants, were going on a bear hunt, the gruffalo, tyrannosaurus drip, how to grow a dinosaur. And a book which I loave but he loves (thanks to his nursery lol) is the hairy toe.

I hope you find some books that he likes :)

Oh I forgot his favourite book! His dinosaur encyclopedia, he loves to look at it and we spend hours discussing all the different dinosaurs and fossils etc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->