First Scan now am Scared

lovebabyp

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just had my first scan today and everything was fine with baby.

i am just a little concerned .. i am a size 18 i eat plenty fruit/veg and drink lots of water but because i have a big bmi .. i have been told i could have serious complications and now I am really scared

any advise .. this is my first pregnany and i am sooo happy about it but the midwife has scared me

x

Hi All,

I just had my first scan today and everything was fine with baby.

i am just a little concerned .. i am a size 18 i eat plenty fruit/veg and drink lots of water but because i have a big bmi .. i have been told i could have serious complications and now I am really scared

any advise .. this is my first pregnany and i am sooo happy about it but the midwife has scared me

x

Im sorry they scared you :(
I have a big bmi also, something like 45 if I remember rightly. Im 24 and this is my first baby also. Ive been on steroid treatment for over a year now and have a leg ulcer that left me immobile for quite some time, I was a 14 before this started and now im a 24 :(

I havnt had any scare tactics used with me, weather thats because of my medication and situation I dont know but if were overweight we should all be treated the same. Ive had no negative complications and havnt been informed that I could have based purely on my weight. Ive been put on injections for blood clots soley because of my situation but thats all really.

I wouldnt worry, theres risk factors for every woman, big or not. Just sorry theyve been so arsey to you.

awww thanks that makes me feel so much better..... i know why she was getting on at me but think she was being harsh.

i hope everything goes well for you in your pregnancy

x

awww thanks that makes me feel so much better..... i know why she was getting on at me but think she was being harsh.

i hope everything goes well for you in your pregnancy

x

Some people, in the nicest possible way...are assholes, thats why. They like to be up on their perch of perfection and judge others. Sod her :)

Thank you, I wish you the best too chick x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->