First scan tomorrow at 8 weeks. What to expect?

amanda111308

Mama to 3 boys
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I am so nervous!! Last pregnancy ended in an mc at exactly 8 weeks so it's a bit of a milestone to pass! What should I expect to see if all is progressing normally? With my son out dating scan revealed I was 14+4 when I had thought I was only 11 weeks. This time however I am pretty sure of my dates.

Thanks for any support or info you can help me with! I wish I could stop stressing out!

I had my scan around the same time. It will look like a little bean and you should see the heart beat. It will be amazing u will love it

It def looks like a baby shaped bean rather than a blob! Fingers crossed all goes well. Let us know! X

My 8 week scan baby looked just like a jelly baby and could hear heartbeat :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 11
Mine looked like a peanut at 8+4 and measured 8+6.. You can see the little arms & legs. Our baby even kicked during the scan. It was amazing :)

GL with your scan!

The key at this scan is to see a heartbeat! Good luck! ;)

I had my first scan at 8 weeks a couple weeks ago. All I had to do was give a urine test, then they stuck the thing up in me for a vaginal ultrasound (wasn't bad). I saw my little raspberry and about cried :) I was supposed to get a blood test after, but the lab was closed by the time we were done. I'll have to get that done at my 12 week appointment in a couple weeks. EEEK!! :(

My DS looked like a little peanut :) So cute. And I was able to hear his little heart fluttering away. I still have to wait until June 16th to see this LO(I'll be 8+6) Time needs to fly now!

Thanks ladies! I have a few more hours to go. Gotta start drinking my water soon! Feeling a little more excited than worried! I sure hope this is my take home rainbow baby!! Will update when I get home!!

30 minutes to go!! I re-read the letter and it said drink 1 litre of water an hour prior to the scan time and I drank 2 litres!! Gaaahhh!! I hope I don't pee my pants!!

I wonder why they're having you drink water? Usually they just ask you to do that for belly ultrasounds but at 8 weeks but I doubt they'd see much that way.

I have another one tomorrow at nearly 9 weeks and it'll still be done trans vag. They always make me pee before those because empty bladder helps them see better.

I can't wait until you get back now to sort out which way they went about it!

My bladder was bursting at my 8 weeks. The lady thought it was hilarious and as soon as she was done I ran to the loo. She showed me my super full bladder and said 'you really are bursting'. I didn't even put my shoes on, just legged it out the door to the toilet

And I only had belly ultrasound at 8 weeks. She said she'd try belly first and if all clear wouldn't bother with internal

I had to have a trans vag ultrasound today at 8 weeks. :) good luck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 2
I had an abdominal ultrasound done and baby was laying there happy as a clam! Heart rate was 162bpm and our due date is officially January 10th!! So excited!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->