First seizure appointment?

Cassie123

Reaction score
Didn't know where to post this so hopefully someone in here can help me.

A week ago LO had what might have been a seizure. We went to A and E and they said it wasn't a febrile convulsion because she didn't have a fever and it went on too long. They basically didn't know what it was.

So we have been referred to the pediatric neurologist and have an appointment with him on Monday. I have no idea what he will want to know/do.

Does anyone have any ideas/ experience with this? Will he just take notes and a history or will he want to do some tests?

LO is only 19 months so she won't really understand but i want to try and explain what is happening.

Here in the states from my experience... Normally the first appointment they will set a baseline, ask about medical history for your families if anyone has any neurological issues. They will ask you about the convulsion episode. Most of the time they don't do anything else until LO has more than one seizure, at that point they would probably do an eeg where they put electrodes on LO's head and measure the brain waves to see if any are abnormal and if it shows they are they will probably put LO on meds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->