First tattoo! Advice please.

Kelz22

Reaction score
Im getting my first tattoo on Saturday! Getting a pink lily done on left shoulder. Any advive or tips? Im abit nervous.

Honestly, getting a tattoo isn't that bad! I got my first one on my ankle, and yes it was nippy but mainly just going over the bone! I've also got another tattoo on my wrist. I'm looking into getting my next one shortly!
It's also over a lot quicker than you'd expect too!

get some preperation H cream (yes - the cream for piles)
It is the best cream to apply to a new tattoo

I've got six tattoos (got the seventh planned for after the baby is born) and have used Bepnathen on all of them. I've had them done by three different artists and all recommended that.

Have you even been waxed in your lady area? That hurts more in my opinion. It will sting but the outline often hurts more than the infill.

Don't go in after having a drink. It thins your blood and makes you bleed more.

Some places recommend a couple of pain killers beforehand (never done it myself) to take the edge of it.

Take a high sugar snack/drink for afterwards as it is a shock to the system and it can make you feel light headed and dizzy (also something I've not experienced).

If you go in thinking it will hurt, it will hurt. I remember giggling through one of mine and dozing through another.

It will swell afterwards, be slightly warmer than the rest of your body and may sting. This is all perfectly normal.

Just remember though, it doesn't last forever and it will look great afterwards.

Also, I see you're in NI, I had three of mine done at Skin Works on Queen Street, Belfast (the rest were done in England before I moved to Belfast). Obviously I don't know where you based in NI but I can't recommend them enough. I'm going back there for my next one.

I have one down the side of my arm, near my wrist. Honestly, if you're worried about pain don't be, to me it didn't hurt at all if anything it's just like a warm scratch but not what I'd describe as painful. It stung a little bit for a couple of hours after but again, nothing unbearable. My tattoo artist is lovely, he's very chatty, makes you feel really as ease so that really helps too!
Make sure you apply a cream (I used bepenthen) for at least a few days to keep it nice and moist and to stop it from drying out and cracking, I still sometimes apply cream if it's feeling a bit dry.

I have a back piece, left shoulder, and wrists/forearms. May sound weird, but I sorta liked the pain, like it was the price I paid to have this beautiful eternal brand put on my body. Also made me feel tough :) Frankly, after the inking was done the endorphins took over and made me feel greeeaaat!

It's really not that bad! You get used to the 'pain' after a while! Trust me, you'll end up wanting another one when its done! Haha .. :)

Bepnathen, Bepnathen, Bepnathen.

i have a full sleeve, my chest/shoulders, full leg, and numerous other ones and Bepnathen is amazing for healing tattoos. i always apply in the morning and evening after a warm soapy wash and whenever it starts to peel and get tight. also don't pick at them! let the tattoo peel naturally. if you pick it off it can cause scarring and loss of colour!

:)

I second bepanthen! Also, a really odd tip, but take some hard sweets, they give you something to bite on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->