First time using O Test - Advice??

Abbey08

Reaction score
Hello: My husband and I are in our 3rd cycle TTC. For the past 7 months we have been tracking my cycles with an App on my phone. This past cycle I was in my TWW and AF came at 10dpo – CD29. Thought maybe it was chemical but I have had occasional shorter cycles (25-34 days) previously and it was 4 straight days of bleeding and none since so I am pretty sure it was AF.

My question is… We just bought the Clearblue advanced digital Ovulation test (10 day pack). The directions said since my last cycle was off by more than 3 days from previous to start testing on the 9th. The 9th (this Thursday) will put me at CD11. According to my app I will O the 17th CD19.

Cycle history:
Sept: 29 day cycle
Aug: 33 day cycle
July: 34 day cycle
June: 31 day cycle
May: 33 day cycle
April: 25 day cycle
March: 32 day cycle

Should I start testing the 9th (CD11)?

Any advice is super appreciated!! We are trying for our first.

Have you started testing yet? To be on the safe side I would start on day 11 since you do get short cycles sometimes. On average your cycles do seem to be closer to 32 so you are more likely to get a positive around 14-16ish. Good luck :)

6footnoodle: Love the name! ;) Haven't started testing yet. Had planned on starting tomorrow morning which would be CD11. If I listened to my app it says I'll O around CD19 so maybe I have been missing O day.

Thank you!!! I was hoping I'd get a response before tomorrow. I dont wanna waste the $$ I spent on this test. Hoping it works!! :)

6footnoodle: Love the name! ;) Haven't started testing yet. Had planned on starting tomorrow morning which would be CD11. If I listened to my app it says I'll O around CD19 so maybe I have been missing O day.

Thank you!!! I was hoping I'd get a response before tomorrow. I dont wanna waste the $$ I spent on this test. Hoping it works!! :)

Haha thanks. My husband calls me noodle and since I am 6 feet tall it is the perfect name.

CD19 seems late to O if your cycle is only 25 days. It it is 33/34 days it is more likely. Usually you get a positive test a day or 2 before you ovulate so if you actually ovulate on day 19 you might see your positive on day 17 or 18. But then again some girls get a positive the day they O. I think the most common is a positive the day before you O. If you rarely have cycles shorter than 30 days then you might be ok to start later. Maybe on day 12. If you have 10 tests you will have enough. Remember to take the test the same time every day so you don't miss your surge. And if it helps my cycle is usually 30 days. I got my positive on CD14 and ovulate on day 15.

Thank you, helps alot!! I really miss the days when I was on the pill and had very regular cycles and knew exactly when I’d start. If only it stayed that way while not on the pills. I probably O on different cycle days each month.

Also, I just today recalled about 6-9 months ago while I still had my IUD my doc said I had BV (bacterial vaginosis) and prescribed me 3 days of meds but never re-checked so I assume they figured it would go away. Well maybe I still have it and maybe it’s affecting us TTC. Idk. Any idea if there are tests to check your ph up there? LOL. I read taking cranberry pills can help the ph. That and maybe I should try pre-seed this cycle.

Ya I don't know how to check ph level. I was going to suggest preseed to help protect the sperm. Have you noticed if you get ewcm?

I did the very 1st month TTC and I swore I was PG just because it was the 1st month TTC and I got EWCM, also (sorry TMI) had some in underwear a couple days, then for the entire weekend was SUPER tired (couldnt even get out of bed - but had a remodel to do and was absolutely miserably tired) that stuff has never happened to me before or since, not on my sickest days have i ever felt dead tired like that... I think 1st cycle ended in a chemical at 10dpo. 2nd cycle NADA. The 1st month was the only month I ever noticed anything out of the ordinary. I am pretty in tune with ANY changes in my body.

I am going to get pre-seed. Hoping it helps. :)

If you don't normally get ewcm then preseed should help. Maybe your body is still regulating itself from coming off the pill and eventually you will get more ewcm.

Thank you. I did my first clearblue O test today. Got the O so we will see what happens in the next 9 days. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->