First tooth

T

Tilly

Bethanie's first tooth is coming through:happydance:at last!!

I have her some milk teeth toothpaste and her little baby toothbrush and can't wait to brush her tooth lol, when do I start to do it? when it's completely through? a bit through? at the min, it's just coming through so id be brushing gum mainly so no point.

What do you think?

Any teeth brushing tips etc??

Thanks!

I would start now hun it will get her used to using a toothbrush and will also helo her tooth come through give it to her and let her shew on it, it really helps xxx

Thanks for the advice. So I brush her tiny stump of a tooth? im worried i'll make her gums sore??

as long as its a soft toothbrush, shell b ok, just go easy on it :D

well done Bethanie
i'd start now as they get used too it. Summer refuses point blank too let me brush hers as she is miss independent and does everything herself but somuch easier brushing Jack's two little stumps I normally do it when they in the bath X

I tried to get Bethanie to play with the toothbrush today, she wasn't interested until I showed her the cute teddy on it. She nibbled the end of it (the wrong end lol) and found it more fun to brush my leg with it. I then tried to put it near her mouth to see what she would do, she hit my hands away and told me off. So first attempt didn't go too well, but im going to try again tomorrow.

By the way, I have a noob mum question to ask - when we brush our teeth, we have to rinse to get rid of the toothpaste.. I know their toothpaste is low in flouride, but do I need to rinse somehow? or do I just use a tiny tiny bit of toothpaste. I feel embarrassed asking that lol, sorry.

Ty

Awww bless I can't wait for things like this

:D

You only need a tiny bit of toothpaste hun, smaller than a pea. Then you won't need to rinse her mouth.

Charlie cleans his teeth in the bath - it's easier. I put the toothpaste on it, hand it him, and he chews on the brush. I did try to clean his teeth, but he refused to let me near him and it ended up in screams. I didn't want him to grow an aversion to teeth cleaning, so I'd rather have him chew on the toothbrush than nothing at all.

Awwwww bless her!! YAY!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->