First Trimester Screen

future_mom

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I recently went for a NT scan of the baby which came back great, the fluid measured 1.8mm, they did a blood test and the results came back as 0.6% chance of a having a baby with down syndrome. I'm so concerned and so worried, I am opting to have a CVS test done this Friday. Any advice??

You're worried with a 0.6% chance? That means not even 1 out of every 100. The cvs has a higher rate of miscarriage than that. It's like 1-2%. With a 0.6 % chance I would just have the harmony or similar test ran which are accurate for DS. I wouldn't risk such an invasive test with such a tiny risk. My risk was 1/18 for DS. I did not do any invasive testing. I went for harmony and extra ultrasounds and all has been fine. Baby doesn't have DS. Obviously this is my opinion on things. Others may disagree but why risk the cvs when the miscarriage rate is higher than your DS risk. Do the non-invasive test then if something shows up then do the more invasive testing.

If I did anything, I would opt for a non invasive test, like the harmony, materniT21 or such. I had a 1:11 risk for trisomy 13 and 18 and a 1:17 for down syndrome and I had the MaterniT21. With your risk factor and with the 1.8 nuchal, I'd probably do nothing except have them do a thorough ultrasound screening for markers. But that's just me. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I personally would not be going through CVS for a 0.6% chance of DS. You have more risk of having a miscarriage from the procedure than having a child with DS.

Your call though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"