Fish pie with white sauce - does it freeze well and can babies have white sauce?

Jody R

Reaction score
Just made a big fish pie with cod, white sauce, boiled eggs and mashed potato (mashed with full fat milk).

Anyway there's loads left, has anyone frozen something like this before and does it defrost well?

And if I freeze it in Joseph sized portions is he allowed to have white sauce at 10 months 2 weeks old?

Thanks. I'm used to freezing other things for him, shepherds pie and bolognaise and that type of thing but I've never frozen anything made with white sauce or thought about giving it to him before.

And the bit I had was lovely so I'm glad I'll be able to make it again.

I've never had any trouble freezing stuff with white sauce in it :) That fish pie sounds gorgeous, I'd never have thought of putting boiled egg in! Will have to give that a try, thanks :thumbup:

Fish pie itself is fine to freeze but the eggs in it will not freeze well and will go very rubbery when defrosted. When I freeze fish pie, I make one lot to eat with eggs in and one lot without eggs to freeze, then I add eggs when I reheat it.

Fish pie itself is fine to freeze but the eggs in it will not freeze well and will go very rubbery when defrosted. When I freeze fish pie, I make one lot to eat with eggs in and one lot without eggs to freeze, then I add eggs when I reheat it.

That's a good idea, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->